biggest as in what? most produced per year? or most income per year? but in terms of popularity then i have no idea.
I think Fender sells the most, since they also own Jackson and Squier. They also have a very big share in basses and amps.
If you are just talking about guitars by the main brand, I think it's between Gibson, Fender and Ibanez
fender are the most popular at the moment. A lot of the popular bands of our time seem to use fenders mostly.. although i do see a lot of gibsons with P-90s every now and again like les paul juniors. Are gibsons coming back into fashion despite the terrible reputation they've had in recent years? who knows.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
why

what does it matter who the biggest is what does matter is the quality of the instuments produced.
Gibson owns Kramer too (RIP). One of the two owns Schecter now I think too, can't remember which (Gibson?).
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
Quote by Deep*Kick
Gibson owns Kramer too (RIP). One of the two owns Schecter now I think too, can't remember which (Gibson?).

japanese business man owns schecter
Isnt some one like Yamaha bigger (since they sell more musical instruments than just guitars?)
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
I'd say Fender, as practically every Bass I see is a Precision or Jazz.

And Strats and Teles are always extremely popular.

Gibson or Ibanez second. Maybe ESP.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by jcoley2
Isnt some one like Yamaha bigger (since they sell more musical instruments than just guitars?)

It could be, but TS is asking what is the biggest guitar company
EDIT: As in, what company sells the most guitars/is the most popular, not which company sells the most/popular instruments as a whole
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Last edited by TimBFMV at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by jcoley2

It is possible, Heaps of people start of with yamaha accoustics and those c40 classical guitars. But its probally fender, As said so many people start with squires.

Also the fact that there have been so many strat copies by other companies kinda suggests how big and popular they are.
Quote by basilbrush
I think Fender sells the most, since they also own Jackson and Squier.

Don't forget Gretsch as well.
It all depends Gibson owns several affiliates as well as Fender and a few other companies that either acquired or merged with smaller guitar companies but from what I understand as far as production figures go there are two plants one in China and one in Korea that produces over 60% of the guitars sold in the world so if we are talking production numbers those two would be on top as the biggest guitar companies.

The Korean plant that makes Samshin pick ups is the worlds largest supplier of guitar pick ups there are more Samshin pups out there than all the rest combined and almost all of that 60% of guitars made in China and Korea have Samshin pups. Of course they are not the best most are made for every low end to mid range guitar in the world. I have had some Samshin pups that were good but as a rule they are at best medium in quality but if you pot them they perform well.