Hi I am a complete noob so this question may sound weird.
I don't understand how to play from the chords above the lyrics given in UG archive.
I understand we have to keep a regular strumming pattern (for eg, DU,UU,DU), but what if a new chord comes up before we finish the last chord with the full set of DU,UU,DU? (I dunno if this even supposed to happen..)
Do we immediately ignore the previous chord and start the new chord with DU,UU,DU, or do we change chords immediately and continue with the rest of the pattern for instance ..U,DU?
sometimes there are immediate chord changes, but the chords are often not placed well over the lyrics. So it can be very helpful to listen to the song
listen to the song is your best option, cause there are a lot of potential answers. sometimes youll start the strum pattern over sometimes itll carry through with only a chord change and continued pattern.

for the chords above lyrics. I dont personnaly like these unless the song is pretty basic. it can be hard to tell where the switch is , # times to strumm ect.. sometimes it helps (if its available) to find a good tab first to learn the song and then use the "chord" version to play with lyrics once youve gotten the song down a bit. more like a reminder of the chord progressionto be used.

also if you tell us what song we may be able to help with this instance, although i take it as a general question to be applied to any song you would like to learn.
Last edited by mullet_318 at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by mullet_318
listen to the song is your best option, cause there are a lot of potential answers. sometimes youll start the strum pattern over sometimes itll carry through with only a chord change and continued pattern.

for the chords above lyrics. I dont personnaly like these unless the song is pretty basic. it can be hard to tell where the switch is , # times to strumm ect.. sometimes it helps (if its available) to find a good tab first to learn the song and then use the "chord" version to play with lyrics once youve gotten the song down a bit. more like a reminder of the chord progressionto be used.

also if you tell us what song we may be able to help with this instance, although i take it as a general question to be applied to any song you would like to learn.

yup i'm just asking a general question. tks for your help.