Hi there.

Can someone tell me which wood is better for the acoustic guitar body and why? I'm looking for an acoustic and there are 2 guitars which is of about the same price one is from fender another from cort.
As i see, wood is not only crucial factor. The quality of an acoustic depends on several aspects.
The important thing is what kind of sound, appearance and etc you like. Then you may choose you guitar according to these.
Personally, I dislike cort.
i also dislike cort, but i don't like fender for acoustics much, either - although i like 'em better than cort.

while some kinds of wood have an impact, if you're looking for a cheap guitar, what may have more impact is that the tops of the guitars are probably laminate. they're also probably both sitka spruce, btw.

just so you know, the build of the guitar - the shape and type of bracing, for example - can change the tone of a guitar more than the wood used. strings can also have an effect as can the finish. i've played 2 spruce topped maple jumbos that sounded nothing like each other - one was bright and sparkly and the other was dark and full of low end. same exact type of woods, very similar finish, very close to the same size.
Quote by sept09
Hi there.

Can someone tell me which wood is better for the acoustic guitar body and why? I'm looking for an acoustic and there are 2 guitars which is of about the same price one is from fender another from cort.

You will hear different opinions of the same damn wood.
Look for solid, as much of the guitar as possible, specially
the top, play a few and decide for your self.
Mr Deetag
THE ONE AND ONLY
My friends:
Marco,thebassmaster,angie-rose morbid death,Bubonic
turinbrakes.dace
DRK HRSE & Leno
ahallicks.wahappen...geesh!
Quote by sept09
Can someone tell me which wood is better for the acoustic guitar body and why?

No, because there isn't one wood that is better than the others. Mahogany, rosewood, maple, and sapele are commonly used for bodies and all have their pros and cons.

As for your guitar choice, assuming you price range is at the low end of the spectrum, it will come down to the sound of the individual guitars. Don't worry so much about real wood vs. laminate guitars because cheap wood is no better than cheap laminate. Concern yourself with how well the instrument is put together and how it sounds as you play.
Quote by GC Shred Off
No, because there isn't one wood that is better than the others. Mahogany, rosewood, maple, and sapele are commonly used for bodies and all have their pros and cons.

As for your guitar choice, assuming you price range is at the low end of the spectrum, it will come down to the sound of the individual guitars. Don't worry so much about real wood vs. laminate guitars because cheap wood is no better than cheap laminate. Concern yourself with how well the instrument is put together and how it sounds as you play.

This. Now that being said, I wouldn't get a Fender or Cort acoustic. Cort is, in my opinion, a starter brand. Fender acoustics are a marketing scam.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by thi_skylinegtr
As i see, wood is not only crucial factor. The quality of an acoustic depends on several aspects.
The important thing is what kind of sound, appearance and etc you like. Then you may choose you guitar according to these.
Personally, I dislike cort.

I agree with all of this.