So, need a new guitar. The place where I live only sell ****ty Yamahas, Low end Ibanez, nothing higher than 500 US dollars, and then, fortunately, some nice Washburns and LTDs. So looking around shops, i come across this:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-Deluxe-MH-1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs-512954-i1432248.gc

thoughts? played it, liked playability, looks. Never had any experience with EMGs. Is it really necessary to get tube amps for active pickups?
it's not really necessary but if you want them to really sound good then it's to use tube amps. and buy the guitar hehehehe
It is a great guitar, im just sick of black guitars, got 2 of em, not doin anything for me. I do like the blue quilted maple MH and love the white one.
they sound fine to me in most amps. Any cheap amp will sound bad anyway, and that's a very nice guitar. I'd get it.

EDIT: IN WHITE?!?!?!?! hellz yeah, that'd be a sexy guitar, get it!!!
Last edited by Chad11491 at Jun 28, 2009,
ya EMGs sound great imo. i only have a SS amp, so i can't comment on the full potential of them, but it is generally accepted that they sound better through tube amps. if i were you, i would get a nice tube amp and a new guitar. what is your maximum budget?
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
hmm not sure about the budget. For the guitar, maximum 1100 dollars i think. For amp, i think no more than 400 us dollars. which tube amp for that much? The distortion is what is most important on an amp for me...
EMG's just sound extremely sterile with a solid state amp, mainly because EMG's have NO character and neither do most tranny amps.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by Vitor_vdp
hmm not sure about the budget. For the guitar, maximum 1100 dollars i think. For amp, i think no more than 400 us dollars. which tube amp for that much? The distortion is what is most important on an amp for me...

B52 AT 112. Very versatile budget tube amp with good wattage (60w) costs just under $400

EDIT: Has a good distortion channel and sounds good with EMGs
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Last edited by Metlhead443 at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by Metlhead443
B52 AT 112. Very versatile budget tube amp with good wattage (60w) costs just under $400

EDIT: Has a good distortion channel and sounds good with EMGs

You know any website that ships to middle east? United Arab Emirates more specifically...
Quote by Vitor_vdp
You know any website that ships to middle east? United Arab Emirates more specifically...

hmmm....i could search around. if you wait ill edit this post later with info
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein