Hey guys.

My band are stepping it up a bit recently, getting as many gigs as we can...practicing, recording a lot, etc. And my bassist is looking at getting a new amp.

Now she's not a brilliant bassist, i'm sure she won't mind me saying, so really we're looking for a general, all purpose, reliable, powerful bass amp that fills a lot of space (me being the only guitarist in the band).

I've looked at some brands like Ashdown and Orange, but I thought it would benefit me to end to hear the opinions of seasoned bassists such as yourselves

Thanks in advance for any info.
I'm quite a big fan of ashdown amps, I don't think you could go wrong if you got one.
April is the cruellest month, breeding Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing Memory and desire, stirring Dull roots with spring rain
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
Roland Cube Bass 100

I wouldn't suggest this over an ashdown mag or laney of similar price range as your paying for the effects/amp models (which aren't too great, I own the 30 and borrowed a cube 100 for a few months when I was starting out.)

Ashdown mag-300, laney RB and acoustic amps are all decent amps.
Quote by thegreenmile
ashdown all the wat really....price, size etc...?

Well, I think we're talking mid price range here, and size wise, something that can handle club and medium sized venue gigs and still sound like a beast.

Any recommendation on a particular model of Ashdown?

Thanks for the help
White Horse BP150. It's not a big brand but I have the BP80 and it's amazing for the price. I believe the 150 won bass amp of the year in a magazine but not sure which one.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Whats your price range.

I suppose she doesnt want anything to big as shes(guessing now) not the strongest, so some lighweight cabs would prob be a godsend. Were in the world are you, i would highly recommend some barefaced cabs, leight weight and really really good.

Heads get something thats atleast 300+ watts, take her to some musicshops and get her to see what she likes and what you both think will suit the band best.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Thanks for all the help guys, it looks like we might be going with an Ashdown Mag - 300 or something similar.

Also, Bassist Rising, I looked at 'White Horse' amps, and saw they had a tube half stack for like, 200 quid, seriously intrigued! Sounds too good to be true, have you got any idea how they sound?

Thanks
I have to go with others, Ashdown amps are the way to go, I have 2, and hopefully expanding to buying a cab for my 180 Combo(which is essentially a head/cab in one(with additional cab out)

So yeah, Go Ashdown!
Custom 4 String P/J-Bass
Zoom B2.1u
Ashdown Thomann Special Edition 180w
Ashdown Perfect 10 Combo

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join
Well, we tried out a few amps, including a couple of Ashdowns, but we ended up going with a Hartke. It sounds like a monster! She's really happy with it, and i'm a little jealous...haha...

It was a close call between the Ashdowns and the Hartke though, very close.
And I said; 'I must slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry Martini'
good choice on the Hartke
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Hartke or Fender makes good amps
DBZ Barchetta Eminent FR
DBZ Bolero ST
DBZ Imperial FM
DBZ Venom Matte Black
Dean '79 V
Dean '79 ML
Fender Princeton Chorus
Behringer V-Tone 2/12
Asterope Cables
Dunlop Cry Baby Wah
Digitech Hardware Metal Distortion