right so I'm looking for a new guitar, I'm in love with the SG style so preferably that, price range up to and including 700€ (~500 quid, ~900$), ill be buying either in shops in paris or london, or at least test there and then buy online.
any suggestions for good bargains? ive been looking at epiphones, but they're not really blowing me away yet...
helpful suggestions always welcome
Wanted to play Bass, but then developed conscious thought...
Epiphone Elitist/Elite.

Job done.

I would sell you mine, if I was ****ing insane.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
Quote by 36mikeyb36
ESP viper series.

giggity
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by 36mikeyb36
ESP viper series.

This. You might want to watch out for the different pickups, though.
Does everybody mean LTD? Because standard series ESP's are at least a grand over here.
Epiphone Elitist SG (Serious)
Tokai Silver Star
Epiphone Dot
Epiphone Les Paul
Washburn J28SCEDL
Washburn J12S

G.A.S List

JCM600 (Yes a 600..)
looked at the viper series, looking hot, may go to a shop next week to try out a few. As for tone, mainly for jazz and blues, so very warm and fat. Should be able to influence that with a pickup change tho. So mainly looking for quality in manufacturing and playability.
yea its the ltd series...starting in the lower epiphone range going up to around 1000€
Quote by willieturnip
Epiphone Elitist/Elite.

Job done.

I would sell you mine, if I was ****ing insane.

saw the '61 Reissue and ****ing fell in love with it...will be hunting across ebay for a while now
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
th epiphone elitist sgs are impossible to get these days
i havw a sg faded which i love but you have to find a goodun there hit and miss
but i would suggest if u liek the 61 style get this tokai itl most likley be better or as good as the elitist
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/electric-guitars-2/tokai-usg75-electric-guitar-cherry-42.html
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Yeah, don't hold your breath for an Elitist. The ESP Viper is made great. But they come with EMGs, so you'd have to change pickups. And unless you'd be able to sell your EMGs and buy some new pickups with the money you get from the EMGs, you won't be able to afford a Viper Standard Series. Which is worth the price hike. So I'd suggest buying used pickups and selling the EMGs so you can get the Viper Standard.
Quote by steve!
th epiphone elitist sgs are impossible to get these days
i havw a sg faded which i love but you have to find a goodun there hit and miss
but i would suggest if u liek the 61 style get this tokai itl most likley be better or as good as the elitist
http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/guitars-1/electric-guitars-2/tokai-usg75-electric-guitar-cherry-42.html

+1 on that- if it's anything like the other MIJ Tokais I've tried, anyway, I haven't tried the Tokai SG. ESP is going to be way over budget in europe, unfortunately, and as you said, epi elitists are hard to come by (and probably over budget anyway, in europe).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Cheers guys, been to the store today and tried the Tokai and a Gibson Special faded and decided to go for the faded, aside from the pure beauty that it is the variety of tones you can get from it is pretty mindblowing...
Oops. Too late. My local shop has a lovely Gibson SG Standard ex-demo for 750 euro right now.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

cool, as long as you're happy. it's always best when you can try everything you want to try.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?