well ive decided im going to be spending too much on the rocker 30 for a first tube amp so ive decided to get something else so i have more money to get a new guitar after. i mainly play bluesy classic rock and dabble in other things.

i would be playing:
rhcp,
gnr,
led zeppelin,
hendrix

that kind of thing

oh yeah i want an amp that likes pedals and would be loud enough to get like slightly overdriven clean like rhcp at gigging volumes.

my budget would be around £400 but i can probably stretch a little bit

cheers
bugera 333
peavey valveking
peavey classic 30
traynor yc50
Check all of those out and decide which you like best
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
^That.
Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

SuperLol'd
laney VC30 is very good, but would be more than a little overdriven at gigs.
im in the UK too, so heres my recommendations on what you can get hold of over here...

Bugera 333XL
bugera 6260
bugera 6262
bugera 333
Peavey classic 30
used marshall DSL 401
used marshall TSL 100 head

use ebay, gumtree and vivastreetto mill around also

good luck!!

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

i think rhcp use strats dont they?

but hendrix does, zeppelin used les pauls though.

aslong as you dont pile on the gain too heavy youll be fine.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

ok cheers

i think ill research the vc30 some more.

oh yeah and i said the single coils because i think they give more headroom dont they?
Last edited by ILiKePiNeAppLeS at Jun 28, 2009,
it is true, that single coil pickups will stay cleaner further up the volume dial than humbuckers.

and the YCV50 is an epic amplifier.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

traynors aren't that great value over here. they're nice amps, but in the states and canada (where they're made), they're pretty much the budget choice and considered the poor man's marshall (the ycv50, anyway).

i'd look into the vc30, if it has enough headroom i reckon it'll do what you want. ditto the classic 30.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh, you're in England. Hmm.

Blackheart Handsome Devil, maybe?
Last edited by Mitchell? at Jun 28, 2009,
yeah i like the marshall sound but they are expensive and the new ones arent worth the price so ill go try out the vc30 and whatever else i can find. cheers
Last edited by ILiKePiNeAppLeS at Jul 1, 2009,