As some of you may know i just bought a Bogner Ecstacy, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1151544. My mesa 2x12 just simply isnt cutting it anymore though. This thing just sounded so much better hooked up to a higher quality cab at guitar center. So I think im going to buy an avatar 2x12, probably the one with vintage 30s in it. But the one they have that is the vintage 30 and the g212h.... I think..... sounds like a really cool combination. Does anyone have experiences with these or can anyone suggest a better cab? My head is 120 watts, I just want a cab that will match the head, sound wise. Any suggestions??

EDIT: sorry... g12h30
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by schtick_bomb at Jun 28, 2009,
Misleading title...

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Budget?
styles?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
well, if your head is 120 watts, you'll probably need speakers that can handle 120 watts, the V30 with the G12H-30 won't handle 120 watts(it would actually be rated for 60 watts). if you want something more sterile that will handle lots of low end and distortion then go for the G12K-100 celestion. a v30 and a G12K would be a good match as well, this combo would handle your low end as well as give the mid boost many people are after.

it should be known that a big difference between the G12K-100 and the G12H-30 is the 'H' is known for it's 'syrupy' low end, while the 'K' won't add low end but it will maintain it's composure in the face of much low end. The 'H' has more character than the 'K' does as well, the 'K' is kinda ideal for modelers, slack tunings or brutal distortion as it can handle it. the H is more of a old rock speaker, 60's style.

i just got my orange cab back from the guitar shop, my 2x12 is loaded with 2 weber speakers(1 alnico blue dog and 1 ceramic silver bell) and it is insanely sweet, much beyond what i was expecting. that speaker combo runs around 300 bucks, which is not much more than the celestions. my advice is to buy the avatar cab, harvest the speakers and sell them, then get a couple of webers and live the regret free lifestyle.
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jun 28, 2009,
Hang on... your Mesa 2x12 is low quality?

What speakers are in it now?

If you want a seriously high quality cab, look into Splawn, Mills Acoustics and Ear Candy.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
Hang on... your Mesa 2x12 is low quality?

What speakers are in it now?

If you want a seriously high quality cab, look into Splawn, Mills Acoustics and Ear Candy.

probably v30's like everything else, they don't put bad speakers in them, but i have preferred just about any other cab than mesa. i would interested in finding why they are so disappointing. closed back, marine baltic birch cab with v30's should be a winner, but why does every head i plug into sound worse? best i can guess is dimensions for the 2x12? it is kinda scrawny

mesa>avatar

well, they do cost more, i agree with that. but what is the evaluating unit of measure?
Last edited by gumbilicious at Jun 28, 2009,
Its not that mesa cabinets are bad.... its just that mine is old and slightly fuzzy sounding, its not the head though trust me. It has a lot of low end which I like, it just sounds like it needs to be re-coned or something.
-My budget is 400
-Preferrably new
-Needs to be a 2x12
-Most of all I just need a cabinet that can do beautiful cleans but also good vintage distortion..... thats why im thinking avatar with vintage 30's
Originally Posted by StewieSwan
schtick_bomb is actually a Tare. An evil race of aliens from the planet Nibiru who have come to fight the power of Jesus Christ.

Quote by schtick_bomb
Its not that mesa cabinets are bad.... its just that mine is old and slightly fuzzy sounding, its not the head though trust me. It has a lot of low end which I like, it just sounds like it needs to be re-coned or something.

I don't get it...why don't you just stick new speakers in the damn thing?

I don't think a box made out of birch ply will tend to get 'fuzzy' over time....
Get a Shiva 2x12

But seriously... the Mesa is a great cab... You're not going to get anything better for $400 unless you get really lucky
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by kyle62
I don't get it...why don't you just stick new speakers in the damn thing?

I don't think a box made out of birch ply will tend to get 'fuzzy' over time....

I completely agree with this. You will be paying for the same wood box (your Mesa is already made of good wood). Just get some new speakers for your Mesa.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.