Hey UG,
I've been playing the electric guitar for 2 years now, and I used to be really in to metal. I DID TAKE LESSONS, so I know the basic major / minor chords and scales etc.
More recently, I've discovered my love for John Butler's music, and I decided to start playing acoustic guitar. I have an acoustic guitar that is fairly decent ( it's my uncles and he's a very good *acoustic* guitarist), but I do not know where to start practising.

Has anyone got some basic acoustic guitar licks / lessons / songs that'll help me?

Thanks.
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
electric guitar and acoustic guitar are the same instrument for the most part. just look up songs you wanna play on here and select the ones that say chords. they usually have chord diagrams on them so you can learn the chords. theres not really anything different to learn.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
Quote by CemetaryGates90
electric guitar and acoustic guitar are the same instrument for the most part. just look up songs you wanna play on here and select the ones that say chords. they usually have chord diagrams on them so you can learn the chords. theres not really anything different to learn.

Thanks.
I never was quite into acoustic music, can you give me some good bands / groups / artists?
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
Best way to learn acoustic is to practice acoustic songs. Now, it also depends on the style. If you simply want to play chords after chord after chord with simple pick strumming, then Cemetary Gates has the answer. Just play the actually major/minor/whatver chord to a song instead of the power chords, etc.

If you want something more complex and skill-building try something classical maybe. Check this one out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzelLHJUK3w Called Maria by Francisco Tarrega Once you can play that, you'll have gained a step of important techniques needed for fingerpicking. It's not too long and not too hard but builds good fundamentals =] Look it up here on U-G