Godin Freeway SA has only 2 outputs. Jack + 13-pin for synth.

But I didn't take any information about output of acoustic sound directly to Jack output.

Here is manual.

Information about acoustic sound is in manuals of another models and sometimes with independent Jack.

I couldn't believe that acoustic sound is possible only with using 13-pin conector.

Thank you for explanation.
Last edited by dayslypper at Mar 19, 2011,
piezo should come out of the output jack as well leaving the 13 pin only for midi stuff

edit: woops i don't think has piezo only the graphtech ghost system for midi
Last edited by azn_guitarist25 at Jun 28, 2009,
Thank you. I'm afraid that my misgiving came true:

Review by FreewayFrank
I gave this guitar a 7 in features simply because with little effort, I was able to add a switch to split the humbuckers, and also add a switch and volume pot to add "acoustic" voice to the guitar.

Graphtech.com, the company who makes the "Tusq" nut and "Ghost" saddles on the Freeway has information on their "faq" page about a modification you can make to bring out the acoustic sound of this guitar making it a 3 voice guitar. They provided very detailed information to me how to do this, and it works great. Godinforum.com (like fenderforum) provides users a platform to share their thoughts on their instruments.
SOLUTION HERE!!! Many thanks to Frank Perry!

I am going respond to your inquiry with an email sent to someone else asking about the modifications I made. I have to tell you that I now cannot find that post on Graphtech's site. They have re-done their website and added new things, dropped others. So I will send some attachments that will help explain what I did.

For splitting the humbuckers on the Freeway, you would first remove the electronics cover from the back of the guitar and locate 2 green & white twisted pairs of wires coming from both humbuckers. Attach (solder) each pair to a "DPDT" (double pole, double terminal) switch, and then solder one of the switch lugs to ground. I have attached a "jpg" (HSH_1v_1t_5w_pushpull.jpg) I downloaded from Seymour Duncan's website which shows what to solder where. In the jpeg, you'll note that their example uses a switch mounted on the potentiometer and you can do this as well. Also note that their pickups use a different color scheme than Godin does, but the procedure is the same. What I did was to mount the switch to the electronics cover (on the back of the guitar, see Franks guitar1.jpg and Franks guitar2.jpg) which is not as convenient as the front of the guitar, but easier as I did not have to remove the Godin pot and install a pot/switch combination. The wiring would be the same.

For extracting the acoustic voice that the piezo offers, you would connect the "PVO" and "PVI" terminals on the circuit board together (see Franks guitar2.jpg). I chose to wire in a 250k volume pot and an on/off switch. In retrospect, I never can remember which way is on and which way is off. The volume pot is really all you need. Zoom in on Franks guitar2.jpg to see the detail. Acoustic voice with this method is only available when using the guitar synth because the signal is contained in the 13 pin cable the synth uses.

Hope all this makes sense. It really was not that difficult and the whole project cost under $20.
Attachments:
Franks guitar1_c_500.jpg
Franks guitar2_500.jpg
HSH_1v_1t_5w_pushpull_500.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-02-04 at 10.26.05_500.jpg
Last edited by dayslypper at Feb 4, 2016,
Quote by dayslypper
SOLUTION HERE!!! Many thanks to Frank Perry!

I am going respond to your inquiry with an email sent to someone else asking about the modifications I made. I have to tell you that I now cannot find that post on Graphtech's site. They have re-done their website and added new things, dropped others. So I will send some attachments that will help explain what I did.

For splitting the humbuckers on the Freeway, you would first remove the electronics cover from the back of the guitar and locate 2 green & white twisted pairs of wires coming from both humbuckers. Attach (solder) each pair to a "DPDT" (double pole, double terminal) switch, and then solder one of the switch lugs to ground. I have attached a "jpg" (HSH_1v_1t_5w_pushpull.jpg) I downloaded from Seymour Duncan's website which shows what to solder where. In the jpeg, you'll note that their example uses a switch mounted on the potentiometer and you can do this as well. Also note that their pickups use a different color scheme than Godin does, but the procedure is the same. What I did was to mount the switch to the electronics cover (on the back of the guitar, see Franks guitar1.jpg and Franks guitar2.jpg) which is not as convenient as the front of the guitar, but easier as I did not have to remove the Godin pot and install a pot/switch combination. The wiring would be the same.

For extracting the acoustic voice that the piezo offers, you would connect the "PVO" and "PVI" terminals on the circuit board together (see Franks guitar2.jpg). I chose to wire in a 250k volume pot and an on/off switch. In retrospect, I never can remember which way is on and which way is off. The volume pot is really all you need. Zoom in on Franks guitar2.jpg to see the detail. Acoustic voice with this method is only available when using the guitar synth because the signal is contained in the 13 pin cable the synth uses.

Hope all this makes sense. It really was not that difficult and the whole project cost under $20.

Hi,

I know that this discussion is old, but I bought a used Godin Freeway SA with Graphtech Hexpander. 
I would know if connecting the "PVO" and "PVI" terminals together on the Hexpander board I can hear acoustic sound from the output jack of the guitar and, if yes, how to connect pot with switch, because in Franks guitar2_500.jpg is complicated to understand.

Hoping in a response, thank you.
Contact Graphtech. The Ghost pickups ARE piezos and their output can be directed to MIDI, to a preamp that they have available that will give you an acoustic-sounding output (with switching, of course), or to other electronic output modification (they're used on some Variax guitars).
dspellman Yes, in Graphtech site there a re lots of diagrams and I know that I can connect piezos to any type of circuit, but I would know if the mod made by dayslypper  fits my requirements (cost under $20 with the hardware I have). Graphtech will not answer to my question because he has to sell Acousti-Phonic kit. 
This thread was from 2009. Let the old threads lie and start your own..
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!