Well, Hello mates.i'm starting to play seriously in a band (audioslave, pearl jam, buckcherry, ...) and i feel that my old epi LP wound make it much longer..so i will buy a guitar that is SG or LP shaped around 500€.i'm not looking for a epi custom becouse many of them dosen't cut it for 500€..they simply aren't that good.i have found two pretty decent guitars..witch aren't for sale in my country...so i have no chance to play them..but i think with a good set up they will sound amaizing

the first is the washburn scott ian signature *klick*
yeah i'm a anthrax fan but i'm not getting it becouse of scott.i will play mostly grunge-rock music and i think it should fit good.the only thing i'm afraid is how this babe would sound clean

the secound one a ltd ec-256 *klick*
the only lp shaped ltd under 700€ that i really like

someone ever tried this two guitars? i know it's stupid to compare a signature to a normal guitar at the same price but i have no idea how the washburn sounds (it's his old signature..the new v shaped ugly ones get all the attention now)

please help
Go LTD
I played the Washburn and it wasnt that great. Not very versatile and I didnt like the feel.

The LTD is better, more comfortable, versatile and built better.

Thats just my opinion, but Id rule out the Washburn.
Ive actually played both and the ltd felt bad, frets felt way off, the washburn was awesome though really good id say the washy all the way

but give em a try u might like one more than the other
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Go for the LTD. Is there anywhere you can try both out?
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by Shinozoku
Go for the LTD. Is there anywhere you can try both out?
nope none of the shops in my country has these two guitars
Hmm... well it's been ages since I played a Washburn, but both are pretty good. You might be interested in changing the pickups on the LTD, but if you have any clarity issues that can generally be fixed by adjusting the pole pieces to match the radius of the bridge.

I'd just go with the shape you want, and if you can afford it then just swap the pickups if you don't like them.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Washburn Idol and X series are great, try one of those.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Go for LTD. I played an LTD EC-401VF just the other day in GC and I absolutely loved it. It beat Epiphone hands down in sound, feel and just overall quality.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
Quote by Gregoric
Washburn Idol and X series are great, try one of those.

yes
I'd say go for a Washburn X50. Maybe the Pro FE. Great guitar. With LTD, you won't get too much for your money outside of the US.
i cant get the guitar in my country...and i really don't whant a strat
Who cares what shape it is? It's great guitar and it only shares a shape with the strat. It's mahogany, flamed maple top IIRC, HH configuration, etc. Although the headstock is similar, yet cooler than a strats.

C'mon! That's pretty damn sexy and different from a strat!
I am (For once) agreeing with mamosa. The X50 PRO-E will be loads better than the LTD, even it it has a super-strat shape.
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
Quote by hitl
nope none of the shops in my country has these two guitars

i would say go to a shop and try some other ones out before you order one of these
also, look into schecters, such as the C1 classic, C1+, blackjack, and hellraiser.
They all feel very similar to les pauls.
the problem is i cant get the guitar..i can buy it where i live..the only one similar is a Washburn X 200 PRO.

i dont need super shred guitar with the most awsome pickups ever..i need one with i can gig with and wound fail on me.and will last a long time

@stratdud39: i played a omen-6 witch is a great guitar for the price..but ..i want a sg or lp ~___~ that's the issue
Last edited by hitl at Jun 28, 2009,
You can't be stuck on one shape. But if you want an SG, then the ESP LTD Viper 400 is for you. It won't fail, has good pickups, and feels great (at least to me )

And you can't order the X50 Pro FE online? Washburn's QC is ridiculously good IMO.
ok to be perfectly honest you dont play a guitar by its looks you play a guitar by its sound i would rather play a ugly off brand with a good tone than a gibson with a sucky tone
i can't get the x-50 nowhere..and i if i order it it will cost like 70€ more...

what about the X 200 PRO model with Seymour Duncans (sweet)? is it better or worser then the x50? i can get it for 370€ the emg version is 400€ but i like never liked them
Last edited by hitl at Jun 29, 2009,
I think honestly that the LTD will be fine for you. As you said you aren´t looking for a super shred guitar... the LTD looks great and is probably plenty for what you need.
The X-200 is fine, and should do just about as well as the X50.
it's all coming back

I have a washburn and an LTD. They are both good but totally different guitars. Can't go wrong really.
Gear:

• ESP LTD SC 207
  • Washburn X200 PRO E
  • Squier Strat (in bits LOL)
  • Line 6 Toneport ux1
hows about you dont get a ltd or washburn and just get a better les paul such as an epi les paul custom
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.
^^Says the man with the Special II.
Hows about you read the first post?
it's all coming back

Quote by Baby Joel
^^Says the man with the Special II.
Hows about you read the first post?

i dont think you and me are talking about the same epi custom. im thinking of the $699 one that as close to gibson as epi gets
Quote by travs2448
is the puppy solid state or tube?

Quote by diceksox1809
solid state. when she screams it pisses me off

^

Quote by GrizzlyFnAdams6
Dimebag had s*** tone and that guitar plays like an abortion. Come at me, bro!

Quote by jpatan
It's because Garth Brooks brings the ****in' br00tz.