We re arranged our practice and recording space. Because it took so long we didn't set up all the recoring equipment, just put a mic in the middle of the room. THis is waht we got. I think it sounds pretty good.

link
i dont know how you think that sounds good. there are barely any bass frequencies and the drums sound like paper. you couldnt compress that if you tried....
Quote by HIM%(^
i dont know how you think that sounds good. there are barely any bass frequencies and the drums sound like paper. you couldnt compress that if you tried....

well its not really bad either, you can hear what's going on.
due to te circumstances I think it's decent
You like it
My friend's band did the same thing. My band is going one better and just using the Mic on a digital camera and editing using Windows Movie maker...still, black metal is meant to sound crap! (We're a spoof black metal band)
My hardcore punk band one upped the digital camera guy. we recorded onto cassette with a boom box in the middle of the room and then plugged the boom box into the computer with a complex series of adapters.

on a different note, dial-a-death, you're in a spoof metal band? so am i. well not really a spoof. Its just funny experimental metal. check us out: www.myspace.com/pitobodies or www.purevolume.com/pitobodies.
Quote by HIM%(^

Yes, but the drums are made of paper and cardboard boxes so it really captured them well I guess!

When I listen through the Wii connected through the home theater system there is plenty of bass.
An experimental noise band, named after a VW sports car? This could turn out to be win.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
i thought it sounded fine. Not pro quality obviously, seeing how it was recorded. but perfectly listenable. i thought it was good.
Quote by pitobodies
i thought it sounded fine. Not pro quality obviously, seeing how it was recorded. but perfectly listenable. i thought it was good.

Thanks. There are obviously things I'd like to take back, but it is what it is. We do have the equipment to set up a bunch of mics but they never seem to sound as good as the "throw a mic up and go" recording.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
sounds live D:

really ****ing low quality,

and if you can't get a recording to sound as good as throwing up one mic in the room, then you must really ****ing suck at recording

i like the song though ;D

I think I do suck at it. I officially handed over all mic duties the the bass player today. I'll just press record form now on. THanks