My problem is that I can't play on the low frets very well. For example playing 1234 4321 on the low e string; my 4th finger ends up on the lower end of the 4th fret, causing fretbuzz. It seems my fingers can't stretch out very wide.

The only thing that's helped so far, is to reposition my hand/wrist. I've found a position that helps a lot. Only problem is, it causes my wrist to ache, and feels awkward.

What should I do?
Quote by qsceszxdwa
keep practicing, and eventually they will get quite flexible, and stretch out wider.

Thanks. Are there any good exercises for this?

Also, wrist pain is something I should avoid, right? Or will it go away with practise?
Play on the 12-15 by going 12-14-13-15 (fingers in order 1-3-2-4.) Start slow and pick up. when that gets easy go down to the 7-10th frets.
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar
And about the wrist pain. make sure to keep your thumb in the middle of the back of your neck. Avoid making what my guitar instructor calls spiderman wrist. As you can probably guess this is when your wrisat looks like spidey tryin to shoot a web. This starts out uncomfortable but it will save you from pains when you get older
Hey!Everyone!
Come and See how good I look!

You Stay Classy, Ultimate Guitar