Page 1 of 4
Quote by CustomCustom
IMO you cant reason with people who are culturally 100s of years behind us.

*Looks at TS location*

ಠ_ಠ
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CustomCustom
More protests today 3000+ and govt is teargassing again. They also arrested 9 British embassy workers. what happened to diplomatic immunity? GB should start arresting thier backwards diplomats. IMO you cant reason with people who are culturally 100s of years behind us.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/meast/06/28/iran.demonstration/index.html

Other than to protect the embassy workers, there is no reason for the British to get involved. We aren't the world police, if we got involved we would just **** it up more.
Quote by CustomCustom
More protests today 3000+ and govt is teargassing again. They also arrested 9 British embassy workers. what happened to diplomatic immunity? GB should start arresting thier backwards diplomats. IMO you cant reason with people who are culturally 100s of years behind us.

Dude . . .

You are so ****ing ignorant.

Why don't you go learn something about the Iranian people. Hell, watch the Daily Shows special on Iran. Even if it is a comedy piece you will learn more about the Iranians than you already know.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
The current problems in Iran have been created at least in part by the West. The Iranian government feels totally trapped and unable to loose face in front of the poised vultures of Britain and America.
Quote by Kensai
*Looks at TS location*

ಠ_ಠ

This post about sums up my feelings on the majority of the US' feelings on Iran.
Quote by CustomCustom

lol @ diplomatic immunity...

DONT FEED THE TROLL!
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
They have every ****ing right in the world to be pissed! they have had nothing but ****ty government for ages! Theyve been treated unfairly and only now is many years of anger coming out.
Quote by metalcore123
I hate trying to cover up my cheese in school because the bimbo next to me dislikes the smell of pure love.

I'm bringing farts back!
Quote by Kumanji
The current problems in Iran have been created at least in part by the West. The Iranian government feels totally trapped and unable to loose face in front of the poised vultures of Britain and America.

What do you mean in part?

It is practially entirely the West's fault. The Shah of Iran managed to keep his corrupt government in power for as long as he did solely because of the support of the West. Not to mention that the Shah gained power through the help of the West in the first place.

Who do you think supplied and funded the Iraqis war effort in the nearl decade-long Iraq-Iran war?

It is no surprise that Iran hates America. They have more than good reason to do so.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Venice King
Iran 4 miles today...

What a stupid j..oh wait i get it!!
Quote by grimms
All I know is that if UG were a prison, all of us will either be dead, a prison bitch, or a dead prison bitch.

Quote by Seryaph

It is practially entirely the West's fault. The Shah of Iran managed to keep his corrupt government in power for as long as he did solely because of the support of the West. Not to mention that the Shah gained power through the help of the West in the first place.

Who do you think supplied and funded the Iraqis war effort in the nearl decade-long Iraq-Iran war?

It is no surprise that Iran hates America. They have more than good reason to do so.

I didn't really wish to start a flame war I agree 100%.
Quote by CustomCustom

Whilst a lot of problems were created by the West in the middle east the point is valid, in Iraq Saddam Hussain when he was in power melted people in vats of acid if they stepped out of line, they still stone women in public who have sex outside of wedlock. The west should leave them to themselves, it's clear we are doing no good over there, stop trying to fix something which doesn't want to be fixed.
Manchester United
Quote by Seryaph

This. Everyone do some research and you will find out that this is true.
Quote by Kumanji
I didn't really wish to start a flame war I agree 100%.

Well, I understand that. But most people don't understand why Iran hates America so much. And they resent that hatred.

In my opinion, this misunderstanding can lead to some serious problems in the relations between the two countries.

So I was just trying to clear up the reasoning.

Call me Charlie.
Quote by Shabalaba
Whilst a lot of problems were created by the West in the middle east the point is valid, in Iraq Saddam Hussain when he was in power melted people in vats of acid if they stepped out of line, they still stone women in public who have sex outside of wedlock. The west should leave them to themselves, it's clear we are doing no good over there, stop trying to fix something which doesn't want to be fixed.

Again, watch the Daily Shows special on Iran. They interviewed many Iranians and even some Afghanis. Surprisingly enough, they are extremely informative.

A lot of these people talked about how before these countries became Islamist theocracies they were advanced culturally in terms of civil rights, at least.

Many of these theocracies came about through conflicts instigated by the West. These theocracies destroyed the culture that was in place in the countries and essentially threw them back hundreds of years.

Call me Charlie.
The false profit Muhammed came in 800AD so that puts Islam 800 years behind Christianity. The country is run by a religious theocracy masquarading behing false democratic elections and they cant even do that right. They cant have legal peaceful protests. So when I say culturally I dont mean do they have twitter or indoor plumming, I mean they are backwards in the very fabric of thier governed lives. Im in support of thier quest for democratic elections and representation by freely elected officials but until they get rid of the real govt run by appointed clerics its just a sham.

To all the assclowns calling the US backwards you know you wouldnt trade your lives in the US, UK, or Sweden(I see one poster from) for ONE SECOND to EVER live in Iran. So who is the self righteous one now just trying to flex your Ithug skillz?
Quote by CustomCustom
The false profit Muhammed came in 800AD so that puts Islam 800 years behind Christianity. The country is run by a religious theocracy masquarading behing false democratic elections and they cant even do that right. They cant have legal peaceful protests. So when I say culturally I dont mean do they have twitter or indoor plumming, I mean they are backwards in the very fabric of thier governed lives. Im in support of thier quest for democratic elections and representation by freely elected officials but until they get rid of the real govt run by appointed clerics its just a sham.

To all the assclowns calling the US backwards you know you wouldnt trade your lives in the US, UK, or Sweden(I see one poster from) for ONE SECOND to EVER live in Iran. So who is the self righteous one now just trying to flex your Ithug skillz?

Holy shit. You make me facepalm so hard.

Iran, formerly known as Persia, came into being about 1000 to 1500 years before Christ. Hell, they nearly took over the Greeks and at one point in time had the largest empire in the world.

So that puts America about 2700 years behind Iran.

Anyway, their "backwards" government is pretty much a direct result of American intereference in the part world since the 1950s.

Call me Charlie.
Been stoned to death lately? Got Burqua?

STFU losers. you should be expelled from your free country and relocated somewhere where you cant shake left hands casue they use them instead of toilet paper.

Islam itself generally places women in this low position within Muslim society. Mohammed, the founder of Islam, treated women as less than second-class citizens, when compared to men. Jews and Christians were also treated badly as well, with many such "infidels" having been beheaded or otherwise killed by Mohammed and by his many Muslim followers.

Christianity in comparison, has always given a high social status to women relative to that given to them by Islam. This is because Jesus himself treated women with a high degree of respect. Jesus even went out of His way to personally greet a woman at a well in Samaria, something which went directly against the Middle Eastern "anti-women" social taboos of His day.
I think the protests are fake. There's literally no proof whatsoever that the election was rigged and independent polls showed that Ahmedinejad was leading anyways. The Americans just can't stand having a country with a leader that defies them and Israel so openly. I wouldn't be surprised if the CIA staged a "revolution" of sorts to get rid of him. If that fails, they might try assassins, and if that fails, expect an invasion. Same **** they've always been doing since the 50's. The Americans have a covert empire and they conquer economically and through subversive means, only using the Army when all other means fail.
Quote by soulflyV
CustomCustom is a poor, attention-seeking troll.

Sad thing is, he could very well be for real.

Poe's law, my friend.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CustomCustom
IMO you cant reason with people who are culturally 100s of years behind us.

Says the American.
Quote by CustomCustom

Then I suppose I shouldn't try reasoning with you, should I?

Anyway, frankly I like these protests; even if he's entertaining, I've always felt that Mahmoud Amawhatshisnamethatican'tspell was a bit of an attention whore. That and I looked forward to seeing what the new guy would do.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by CustomCustom

STFU losers. you should be expelled from your free country and relocated somewhere where you cant shake left hands casue they use them instead of toilet paper.

Islam itself generally places women in this low position within Muslim society. Mohammed, the founder of Islam, treated women as less than second-class citizens, when compared to men. Jews and Christians were also treated badly as well, with many such "infidels" having been beheaded or otherwise killed by Mohammed and by his many Muslim followers.

Christianity in comparison, has always given a high social status to women relative to that given to them by Islam. This is because Jesus himself treated women with a high degree of respect. Jesus even went out of His way to personally greet a woman at a well in Samaria, something which went directly against the Middle Eastern "anti-women" social taboos of His day.

Have you read the bible?
Quote by Seryaph
Holy shit. You make me facepalm so hard.

Iran, formerly known as Persia, came into being about 1000 to 1500 years before Christ. Hell, they nearly took over the Greeks and at one point in time had the largest empire in the world.

So that puts America about 2700 years behind Iran.

Anyway, their "backwards" government is pretty much a direct result of American intereference in the part world since the 1950s.

Dude I know of the history of Persia but where is it now? If you havent noticed the way the world works its "What have you done for me lately?" So in 60 years Imperialist oilmen have decimated the Great Persian Empire doesnt say much for the leadership or people then does it? Except maybe weak minds and weaker hearts. I know the CIA ****ed up with Saddam and the Shah but someone had to pump the oil outta that bitch, get over it. Nobody to blame but themselves for letting the oilmen run thier ****.

Do you recognize sarcasm? I am being intentionally belligerent in my statements and opinions because the Fundamentalist govts of places like Iran are more belligerent and ignorant in the opposite direction towards the west.
*epic facepalm*

. . . blood . . .

Call me Charlie.
Quote by CustomCustom

Someone overlooked the middle ages and the rennaissance period when it comes to Christianity.
Quote by Kensai
*Looks at TS location*

ಠ_ಠ

oh you!
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Quote by Mad Marius
Says the American.

Youre Goddamned right LOSER I see your too ashamed to post your location
In Iran it's not like women feel oppressed and want to rise up. They feel that they should be covered for modesty's sake. The country and its people put a lot of influence on modesty, and they are sickened by the way Americans act and portray themselves. It's just a different set of values which you clearly can't accept or understand.
Call me Jack
Quote by CustomCustom
Do you recognize sarcasm? I am being intentionally belligerent in my statements and opinions because the Fundamentalist govts of places like Iran are more belligerent and ignorant in the opposite direction towards the west.

Two wrongs don't make a right.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 3-3
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 52-39
Quote by CustomCustom
Dude I know of the history of Persia but where is it now? If you havent noticed the way the world works its "What have you done for me lately?" So in 60 years Imperialist oilmen have decimated the Great Persian Empire doesnt say much for the leadership or people then does it? Except maybe weak minds and weaker hearts. I know the CIA ****ed up with Saddam and the Shah but someone had to pump the oil outta that bitch, get over it. Nobody to blame but themselves for letting the oilmen run thier ****.

Wtf are you talking about? Britain and USA put the sha in power during WW2 and when the prime minister tried to nationalise the oil in 1954 a CIA supported coup was staged. How the **** is that their own fault?

In Iran it's not like women feel oppressed and want to rise up. They feel that they should be covered for modesty's sake. The country and its people put a lot of influence on modesty, and they are sickened by the way Americans act and portray themselves. It's just a different set of values which you clearly can't accept or understand.

Some do, some dont. But the fact that the government forces them do to cover themselves up is wrong. But dont think that if any country were ruled by christian fanatics, that things would be better.
Last edited by Mikke at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by CustomCustom

Oh yeah, terribly ashamed. Looks like I'm not the only one who doesn't care about user profiles.

Also, it's "you're" when you want to say "you are", dipshit.
Quote by CustomCustom

Nationalism is for idiots
Quote by CustomCustom
assclowns
Quote by CustomCustom
STFU losers.
Quote by CustomCustom
Youre Goddamned right LOSER
Dude, you're turning your own thread into a shitfest.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Page 1 of 4