Page 1 of 2
Hey guys
I'm looking for a new cabinet to jam with the band and play gigs with.
I'm also going to buy a new head, which is the Orange Tiny Terror. (I actually want the Dual Terror but I can't afford it)
The Tiny Terror is about € 429,- and my total price range is € 800,-.

I haven't found a good 2x12 cabinet yet, so I hope you guys can help me out.

I live in the Netherlands, and play stuff like (math-)rock, experimental, progressive etc.
Artists like; Enter Shikari, Rage Against The Machine, The Fall Of Troy, Jimi Hendrix etc.

Thank you.
Orange PPC212, Framus 2x12, or something along those lines. They're both about 400 euros.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by PBROWN8806

He's in the Netherlands, you moron. The import charges and shipping are going to be hideous.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Well, on that kind of budget, I'd actually recommend a Laney LC50 and an overdrive for those sorts of tones, or a Bugera 6262, rather than the Tiny Terror's one-channel nature. If you're sure of the TT, though, then Harley Benton cabs from thomann.de are fairly decent. Framus's 2x12 cabinets are also great, as are Orange PPC212-COBs.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Last edited by Raijouta at Jun 28, 2009,
In fact, there's an Orange 2x12 ex-demo unit on UK eBay for less than 300 euros right now. I'm not sure what shipping to the Netherlands would be but it's an option.

Quote by Raijouta
Well, on that kind of budget, I'd actually recommend a Laney LC50 and an overdrive for those sorts of tones, or a Bugera 6262, rather than the Tiny Terror's one-channel nature. If you're sure of the TT, though, then Harley Benton cabs from thomann.de are fairly decent. Framus's 2x12 cabinets are also great, as are Orange PPC212-COBs.

Yes I was considering the Orange PPC212, but the 212 OB is 120 euro's cheaper and I'm not sure if it's worth the money for an OB and if it suits my style of playing.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
In fact, there's an Orange 2x12 ex-demo unit on UK eBay for less than 300 euros right now. I'm not sure what shipping to the Netherlands would be but it's an option.

Link?
I wouldn't get an open-backed cabinet, but that's just for my personal tastes.

Quote by s0ner
Link?

I'll PM it to you - posting ebay links is against the forum rules.

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I wouldn't get an open-backed cabinet, but that's just for my personal tastes.

I'll PM it to you - posting ebay links is against the forum rules.

Okay, thank you very much.
I'd get the open back. If you don't like it then make it a closed back. It would take only some plywood and about 10 minutes. Plus, you save some money.
Weekend Warrior
Quote by ML_Guitar09
I'd get the open back. If you don't like it then make it a closed back. It would take only some plywood and about 10 minutes. Plus, you save some money.

Though if you have no experience, it won't look as good.

The link I posted him has a closed back for the same price as an open.

Quote by bubb_tubbs

I haven't received any hehe
It should be under your My Profile button at the top right of the page, not under the forum menu.

It's in my sent folder so it must have already gone off.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
It should be under your My Profile button at the top right of the page, not under the forum menu.

It's in my sent folder so it must have already gone off.

Hm.. it's OB.
Well, there you go.

They had it listed as a regular PPC212. Idiots shouldn't be allowed to post eBay ads.

Quote by bubb_tubbs

True, but it is the back of the cab.
Weekend Warrior
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Well, there you go.

They had it listed as a regular PPC212. Idiots shouldn't be allowed to post eBay ads.

I agree. Sigh..
Quote by ML_Guitar09
True, but it is the back of the cab.

Touche.

i own the ppc212, good cab. i would recommend the closed back one too, the open back might not give you the low end you may desire.
What about this Lopo thing? I saw some deals at eBay, when I first saw it I thought it was Orange because of the design
Seems like a factory copied Orange?
Anyone familiar with 'Lopo'?

The reviews at Harmony Central aren't that bad either.

Turns out that they don't have speakers, kay whatever
Last edited by s0ner at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by greggybhoy
www.thomann.de

You can get a Harley Benton 2x12 with Celestion Vintage 30's for £160, which is about €180 or something.

Harley Benton sucks imo
Quote by s0ner
Harley Benton sucks imo

In your, opinion, yes. But the main thing is that the cab has 2 V30s which would cost that price alone anywhere else. As long as the cab isn't falling to bits then it's an excellent deal.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
He's in the Netherlands, you moron. The import charges and shipping are going to be hideous.

+1, though. if they even ship to europe (i have a sneaking suspicion that they don't).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc

+1, though. if they even ship to europe (i have a sneaking suspicion that they don't).

Surprisingly, Holland is the only country in Europe that Avatar will ship to. Every other country they recommend you get a company to forward it to you.

Quote by Avatar's Website
3. Are your products available in other countries? YES

Canada We were planning on shipping to Canada but got too much red tape from Canadian Govt/ Fedex Canada so we are not shipping there presently. We'd suggest finding a freight forward in the US that can forward shipments to you in Canada. We can also ship to someone in the US that you know who can receive items for you.

Australia Geoff Whitehead at the 4wd workshop, 16 wells road Frankston 3199 Victoria and the phone number 03 97861818

Holland Rob at Wiersma Global Products www.wiersmaglobalproducts.nl, Albert Hahnweg 148, 7242EL, Lochem, +31613201906

For other countries, please check with a freight forwarder like shopUSA.com ...we can ship to them and they forward to you. You can also google

Freight forwarders in the US and shop for the best rates.
Weekend Warrior
Last edited by ML_Guitar09 at Jun 28, 2009,
^ haha, i didn't realise that, that's a bit of a coincidence.

you'd just need to see how much shipping, customs etc. would be- if they add a lot to the price, there are likely better-value options available in europe.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Here's another +1 for an Orange PPC212
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
Use this opportunity to show off your manliness and BUILD YOUR OWN!

It'll be tons cheaper and it'll look exactly the way you want it to look.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by s0ner
What about this Lopo thing? I saw some deals at eBay, when I first saw it I thought it was Orange because of the design
Seems like a factory copied Orange?
Anyone familiar with 'Lopo'?

The reviews at Harmony Central aren't that bad either.

Turns out that they don't have speakers, kay whatever

lopoline cabs are awesome.
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
i think jenny (jj1565) has a lopoline 1x12, you could try pm-ing her to see what she thinks (tell her i sent you ). I don't know if they ship to europe, though (and even if they do, it might add too much to the final cost to be worth it).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hey, yeah i have a lopoline.

it's heavy built. i got mine for a hundred bucks. put in an eminence.

it's a little smaller in size than some other 1x12s ive seen. but again it seems pretty heavy.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Last edited by jj1565 at Jun 29, 2009,
thanks jenny
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
also I'm pretty sure matrixclaw had a 2x12 with texas heats IIRC
05' G&L S-500
95' Godin LGX

96' Yamaha APX 6-A

Peavey Classic 30
Maxon OD808
Quote by Dave_Mc
thanks jenny

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Okay, I've done some research and found out that they do ship Avatar to Holland as you said.
But the question is: are they good cabs? are the Celestion speakers good too?

Custom Assembled Contemporary $429. with your choice of

Celestion: Vintage 30s, G12H30s, G12T75s, Greenbacks, Classic Lead 80s, Hellatone 30s, Hellatone 60s and G12K100s

Price with Alnico or Heritage would be as follows:

Any Heritage combo (G12H, G12M or G12-65)

$579. plus $39 shipping

Alnico Golds or Blues $739. plus $39 shipping

Choice of 4 ohm cab, 8 ohm cab, 16 ohm cab, stereo cab or mono cab.

you're basically going to have to compare the final price (including shipping and sales tax, customs etc., which in europe can add 25% (if not slightly more) to the final price, including shipping) to what you can get known good cabs for in europe. I haven't tried avatar, i hear they're "good for the money", but that's all I know. The main point is that "good for the money" isn't good if you have to pay a much bigger price because of shipping and taxes.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2