.. I'd like to know when it would be wise to change strings, like every 2 months? just a wild guess. I ask this cause I don't want to waste strings or have them too long.
there's no set time. just change them when they start to feel/sound like crap.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
hmmm, if your not realy playing with a band or recording you can leave them on for ages if they are of good quality. I used to change mine every month and realised how much a waste of money that was. Eventuallly the intonation will go out slightly though and will show signs of wear.
2 months seems like a good length of time, but you can probably stretch it a bit further
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I keep mine till they break. I've had a pair of D'addarios that have lasted me so far for about 4-5 months, while Ernie Balls last me 1-2 months and Dean Markleys last me about 6 months. The D'addarios might win...
If you don't gig or record and can't tell a big difference between new and old strings, then don't change them until you have to.
Quote by stevenpollock
You can't be successful in Jazz music until you're at least 40. You don't have anything to say.
Quote by ripjoestrummer
I keep mine till they break. I've had a pair of D'addarios that have lasted me so far for about 4-5 months, while Ernie Balls last me 1-2 months and Dean Markleys last me about 6 months. The D'addarios might win...

the opposite for me. but D'addarios last me at most 2 to 3 weeks. while Ernie Balls last me 2 to 3 months.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Hmm, thanks guys . Another question, I got these coated Ernie Ball strings a few weeks ago, put them on my guitar, and one string just snapped after like, 3 days, whilst I wasnt even bending or anything. Any explanation for that?
check around for sharp areas on the saddle of the string that broke. if not that then it was probably just a faulty string.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Hmm yes well, I guess a faulty string would be a good explanation, since I was just playing the intro to johnny be good, and without any pressure the string just went 'poof' and broke.
But if the bridge has a sharp point, that could cut the string. Check for that.
Quote by Buske6000
Hmm, thanks guys . Another question, I got these coated Ernie Ball strings a few weeks ago, put them on my guitar, and one string just snapped after like, 3 days, whilst I wasnt even bending or anything. Any explanation for that?

hmm have any other of the same string broken at the same section previously? if it's a repeat occurence then you may just have a sharp point there otherwise it could just be nothing.