I contacted Hayden recently about a cab for the MoFo and they recommended Eminence speakers for their amps. Are there any reasonably priced cabs with Eminence?

At the moment I'm thinking of getting a cab off eBay and putting in some Eminence Red Coat private jack 50w (i.e: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Eminence-Red-Coat-Series-Private-Jack-50W-12-8-ohm_W0QQitemZ140328034496QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ConElec_SpeakersPASystems_RL?hash=item20ac33e0c0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1683|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50)

+ one of these cabs...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/custom-boutique-2x12-cabinet-for-use-with-Cornford-amp_W0QQitemZ330335936035QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MusicalInstr_Amplifiers_RL?hash=item4ce98e5e23&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1|66%3A2|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A2|294%3A50

That or there is a Crate V212B and a Marshall 1922 2X12 on there at about the same price.

Help guys, I have very, very little idea of what I'm doing with speakers and cabs an stuff
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

have you got the mofo yet? if so, what's it like?

i'm not too well up on speakers either, but if you're buying a custom cab from those guys, if they're the guys i'm thinking of, they're probably willing to fit whatever speakers you like, it'd save you some cash. EDIT: disregard that, it's unloaded. Would be worth seeing how much they charge to load the speakers, for all you know they might charge less than you can buy the speakers for retail...

what kind of tone do you want out of the speakers?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 28, 2009,
Ahh Dave, you should get some kind of reward for helping people on here

I haven't got it yet, I've been doing some work this month that's gunna pay me around £425 so as soon as I get the cash I'm gunna get me an amp
I'll post up a NAD when I get it and some clips hopefully so you can see how it sounds.

The tone I'm after is kind of like Greenday's new album sound with a nice mix of classic rock. I've bought an EQ (if it ever arrives from eBay!) as well that should help me get the tone I want.

I'll send the guys a message now see if they'll load me the speakers. I'm gunna be selling my MG100 to put towards stuff as well so we'll see how much I can shell out on a cab
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band

thanks

i've only heard the couple of greenday singles off the new album... the first one wasn't that great, i can't really remember the tone on it, the new one (21 guns? something like that) is actually pretty good, though. From what i can remember of the guitar tone offhand, it was quite warm, maybe even a g12h30 (or eminence's version of that, the wizard)? I could be way off, though, as i said, speakers aren't exactly my strong point.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
£200 seems a lot for an unloaded cab, especially as that company are completely unknown. Ask Matamp for a quote for a 2x12, or there's a white cornford 2x12 with an hour to go which looks absolutely stunning.

The Harley Benton Vintage in your gear list would be worth a punt otherwise.
Last edited by Meatball200 at Jun 28, 2009,
I came in here thinking there was a mother fucker in need of a taxi. I was thinking "Why doesnt he just call one... unless he's black." I was greatly disapointed.

I havnt listened to much Greenday since American Idiot So Im afraid I cant help you.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Last edited by VanTheKraut at Jun 28, 2009,
Yeah that really warm overdrive kinda sound on 21 guns is a really good example
£200 does seem a bit steep now that you mention it, I'll ask Matamp since I imagine if they were doing me one they'd do the whole what tolex etc. that I want? Specifically I'm after the two handle thing that Hayden do, shame Hayden cabs are damn expensive!

I reckon the way forward is, buy the HB and if I don't like the speakers I swap 'em and flog the celestions and get the eminence ones. Trial & error ftw

Anyone have any experience with the Eminence Red Coats? £50 seems a pretty good price imo
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band