So I'm moving to New Zealand come Septembertime, my mum has a job over there. I'm going to a place called Gisborne on the East coast of the North Island, anyone been there/live there?

So this is the first time I've ever moved, I've lived in the same house all my life. I guess I'm looking forward to moving because I need to meet some new people etc

So any tips for moving/general advice?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
look for the nearest guitar store!!!!!!!11one!1
try to conquer your weaknesses as you are a newcomer and can present yourself any way you like...
edit: HAAH 1ST POST!
Quote by sureshred
look for the nearest guitar store!!!!!!!11one!1
try to conquer your weaknesses as you are a newcomer and can present yourself any way you like...
edit: HAAH 1ST POST!

Yeah that was definitely something I want to do. thanks
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
FORGET ABOUT IT. ONCE YOU GET ACCUSTOMED TO LIFE THERE, YOU'LL JUST MOVE TO AMERICA WITH DREAMS OF BECOMING A COMEDIC FOLK ROCK DUO.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Personally, I think moving sucks. If my family moves again, I'm just gonna move out and stay where I am now.

But you never know, you might like it. Where do you live now?

^^ Dude, you seriously need to think of a less annoying way to pay tribute to billy mays.....asshole..
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Quote by Ganoosh
Personally, I think moving sucks. If my family moves again, I'm just gonna move out and stay where I am now.

I live in a town called ivybridge, which is near Plymouth
Quote by guitarhero_764

Scott, New Zealand does not deserve you.

On a more serious note, how are you getting your stuff there? A moving van on a plane?
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by King Twili
On a more serious note, how are you getting your stuff there? A moving van on a plane?

Quote by guitarhero_764

In Massachusetts?? That's a big change..

Good luck.
Quote by Ganoosh
In Massachusetts?? That's a big change..

Good luck.

No in the UK.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

Well, you could at least just post in a different color or font or something...I'm not saying don't do anything,

Just maybe try making it less obnoxious...

Like that.
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil

what does the capitals and dark red font have to do with billy mays anyway?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.

A Big storage plane that they put vehicles on.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
New Zealand is the most beautiful country in the world. the lifestyle there is way better than in north america (IMO) and i would move there if given the chance. in fact when i graduate i probably will move there. The south island is a nicer place in my opinion be sure to check it out. I lived on the south island west coast for a couple weeks doing volunteering and then toured the whole country for a couple weeks. when you go in September it will be just starting to get warmer again.

Everything there is very english. Like think Australia but more english and less down under. lol if that makes sense.
Quote by russiaininvader
New Zealand is the most beautiful country in the world. the lifestyle there is way better than in north america (IMO) and i would move there if given the chance. in fact when i graduate i probably will move there. The south island is a nicer place in my opinion be sure to check it out. I lived on the south island west coast for a couple weeks doing volunteering and then toured the whole country for a couple weeks. when you go in September it will be just starting to get warmer again.

Everything there is very english. Like think Australia but more english and less down under. lol if that makes sense.

Thanks and yeah, having two summers rolled into one will be cool

Not looking forward to christmas in the sun though
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
Thanks and yeah, having two summers rolled into one will be cool

Not looking forward to christmas in the sun though

Isn't the climate really similar to England, just a bit warmer?
Quote by King Twili
Isn't the climate really similar to England, just a bit warmer?

No.

It depends where you go. Some places are like the meditaranean, some are like Scotland
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by Ganoosh

^^ Dude, you seriously need to think of a less annoying way to pay tribute to billy mays.....asshole..

What?
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Quote by The_Paranoia
Actually sounds cool. Good luck mate. I would love to visit NZ. As for life style just watch the Rocket Power movie.

Will do
Quote by guitarhero_764

What are the laws on firearms there?
Quote by King Twili
What are the laws on firearms there?

You should leave all firearms in your country of origin until you have gained permanent residence. You are then permitted to apply for a Firearms Licence and Permit to Import.

Rifles (bolt action or semi automatic) and shotguns are the most common firearms in New Zealand but are most likely to be owned by farmers or registered target shooters. Handguns, fully automatic and military style weapons are banned except under exceptional circumstances.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
You should leave all firearms in your country of origin until you have gained permanent residence. You are then permitted to apply for a Firearms Licence and Permit to Import.

Rifles (bolt action or semi automatic) and shotguns are the most common firearms in New Zealand but are most likely to be owned by farmers or registered target shooters. Handguns, fully automatic and military style weapons are banned except under exceptional circumstances.

Not quite as strict as England then. You need like 110 acres to own a .22 Live shot rifle.
Quote by King Twili
Not quite as strict as England then. You need like 110 acres to own a .22 Live shot rifle.

What the hell is a .22 life rifle
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.
What the hell is a .22 life rifle

.22 is the calibre of the weapon, Live Shot means that it fires a live round.
Yeah I'm lost.
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by King Twili

THAT'S INSANE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f7wTMnWbqQ

AMERICA! ****, YEAH! (NOT REALLY. I HATE MY COUNTRY.)
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
Last edited by WillB13 at Jun 28, 2009,
I've moved to Israel from Argentina, and then went back to Argentina after 6 years.
My advice is don't cry over your old place, and try to blend in. It shouldn't be that hard. You speak both English and don't have very different cultures. I also heard that NZ is damn awesome.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by urik
I've moved to Israel from Argentina, and then went back to Argentina after 6 years.
My advice is don't cry over your old place, and try to blend in. It shouldn't be that hard. You speak both English and don't have very different cultures. I also heard that NZ is damn awesome.

Why did you move back? Your avatar is still the israeli flag so you must like it there.
Chelsea FC

Quote by Blues Hippie
As for the swim team member that drowned, it just means the swim team just got a lot better. Same with him too, it's time to move on, the weakest link is gone...
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
FORGET ABOUT IT. ONCE YOU GET ACCUSTOMED TO LIFE THERE, YOU'LL JUST MOVE TO AMERICA WITH DREAMS OF BECOMING A COMEDIC FOLK ROCK DUO.

Flight of the Conchords, amirite?
The playground of the world
Quote by dhutton
doesn't new zealand have a men to women ration of 1 to 11 or something ridiculous like that?

wtf, I WISH!

why you going to gisbourne? you going to pick fruit or something?
"Ladies and gents."

That concludes our tour of the toilets.
Quote by Eddie4President
Flight of the Conchords, amirite?

Yes. Yes you are.
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm