Hey everybody, New*** here. My brother just gave me this amp, its a Fender Bassman if you can't tell by the pictures, made in 1959 is what I think he said. Im movin on in to the bass world from the guitar and know just about nothing on bass amps. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by AgaetisByrjun at Jun 28, 2009,
most people think that this amp is actually better for guitar, if you like it keep it though
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by kurtebirdi
most people think that this amp is actually better for guitar, if you like it keep it though

That's true. I've heard professional guitarists say they use these sometimes.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
TS, go post this in the guitar accessories forum or whatever it's called and see what they say
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
I hope your not playing bass through that cab.
1999 Fender '69 Thinline Telecaster Reissue
Ibanez TS-9
Vox AC4TV

Last.fm
There is a downside to it kind of though: only one volume knob.

Meh, it might not matter, congratttsss
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
I hate you. So, so much.

Its a wonderful amp.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Not made in 1959, it's a SF.

It's an ok amp, really more of a guitar amp than bass amp, has pretty good sounding clean tones but I think it sounds terrible when cranked full out.
SF = silver face. The Bassmans are usually identified as either "Blackface" or "silverface".

My guitarist in my new blues group would kill for that head.
its f**kin horrible, i think you should give it to me to save yourself from it's horribleness. but seriously, it's an awesome amp.
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by WillB13
I hope your not playing bass through that cab.

I was thinking the same thing. Awesome head and cab (but for guitar) sell the cab and get yourself a nice cab made for bass.
Peavey 6505+
Fender Hot Rod Deville 410
Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Gretsch G5120