are there any good ones out there i could pick up for under 100$? I need it to be able to work with fuzz and clean, and i'd like it to be able to go from nothing towards the heel position to completely wah soaked at the toe.
Bootzilla Snarling Dog Pedals are pretty amazing. I got mine for roughly £80, so it might be out of your range, but I suggest saving some more money and buying one. It has fuzz and wah settings, which can be used together or alone, and sound amazing with either.
Quote by angus is god
maybe she passed out in the bathroom. You should have found her then had one of your friends yell "FINISH HER!" like from mortal combat and then jizz on her
I personally got myself a Boss Pw-10 V-wah off ebay for £58, bargain of the century! It has a great wah on it, and also has a distortion built in, and similar to the Digitech disortion, you can recreate many different distortion boxes in it. Warning, trial it before you buy it if you do, as to set up all the different distortions and wahs takes some internet reading.
i have the morely power wah. when i use it with my fuzz in the foreword position it gets really loud and screechy and not in the good way.
my gear:
sansamp liverpool
sansamp gt2
fender standard strat
squire vintage modified precision bass
laguna sunburst bass
acoustic b100
ehx bass big muff pi
I have the weeping deamon and its pretty sweet. You can tweak it to get almost any sound out there and it works frine with the big muff

weird thing I've noticed though, when on the autoswitch mode it kinda fuzzes out all funny when on the lower heal position like right before the cut off area.
no sig for joo
I'm going with the Weeping Demon, tried one the other day and admired it's versatility. not worth my money, because I'll use it maybe once a year, but a good pedal, it owns the Bootzilla in my opinion, which is obviously the most important one.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
I'm going with the Weeping Demon, tried one the other day and admired it's versatility. not worth my money, because I'll use it maybe once a year, but a good pedal, it owns the Bootzilla in my opinion, which is obviously the most important one.

why only once a year?

even if there's few musical contexts where bass wahs fit easily they're fun as fvck!!

ill spend 30-45 minutes going wahwikidwahwahwikidiwahwikiwahwikiwah

and that's without taking fuzz into account
no sig for joo
Ibanez Weeping Demon. I may actually break down and buy a used one from a bud of mine. Very good and fun pedal.
Quote by matttehbassist
why only once a year?

even if there's few musical contexts where bass wahs fit easily they're fun as fvck!!

ill spend 30-45 minutes going wahwikidwahwahwikidiwahwikiwahwikiwah

and that's without taking fuzz into account

I prefer clean tones for my own band sound, and wah only for backup sounds on solo bass pieces. I'd basically be buying a bass wars pedal.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Here's my take on the different wahs:
Ibanez Weeping Demon: Sounded good on some youtube demos I'd heard. Tried once, thought the tone was just meh, but was playing through a cheap guitar amp, so I'd go see for yourself. Versatile as ****, wide sweep, fairly vocal sounding, inexpensive.

Dunlop Bass Crybaby: A bit out of your price range, but most wahs are. I'd get it (or any other pedals if you can) used off eBay. Subtle, very funky and vocal, nice tone, moderate sweep. Never used one out for myself, but my teacher has one. Need to try it out one of these days.

Old Morleys (those ancient, massive chrome ones): I have the most experience with these. Bulky, cannot take batteries, expensive to repair, but SO NICE. I have a PWB, love it. Sounds awesome with distortion, especially behind it in the chain. Make sure you use only moderate to light distortion, or it will be buried. Sound nice clean too. Very un vocal, it sounds more like a croak or rasp than a "Waaaaaah." Basically the polar opposite of the Crybaby (Crybabys and Morleys are like Gibson and Fender guitars- the 2 biggest names, but total opposites tonally). Actually a guitar wah, so you lose a lot of low end, making it great for metal soloing (see: Cliff Burton). Good sweep range, in between the Crybaby and the Weeping Demon. Somewhat coveted, so prices can get high, even on eBay. I got mine for $150 with shipping.

New Morleys (the thin usually black ones). Like the old ones, but modernized and with a pathetic sweep range.

Bootzilla: Never tried one myself, and Demos on Youtube are scarce, so I can only say what I've heard. Seem to get a lot of love around here, so they're probably good. Very funky and vocal. Can't tell you about the sweep range. I've heard the built in fuzz is decent on its own, but useless with the wah, as the wah gets completely buried. I don't know about using it with an outside distortion though.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Last edited by kugelspot at Jul 6, 2009,
Remember, the Weeping Demon can be set to approximate pretty much every other wah pedal out there, and it sounds pretty good on most settings. For me personally, it blew a much pricier EBS Wahone out of the water.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by the humanity
I prefer clean tones for my own band sound, and wah only for backup sounds on solo bass pieces. I'd basically be buying a bass wars pedal.

a really really fun bass wars peadal
no sig for joo
Hey can we make a stickied thread of effects stuff? I feel like we end up repeating the same threads over and over again, especially with wahs. We could have stuff like links to reviews/demos, our own input, what effects certain famous players use etc. We could even make it a section of the FAQ.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
If you have any electronics know-how, you can get the Original Crybaby ($50-$70) and change one capacitor. Ive also heard good things about the Behringer Wah, though I havent tried it. It says in teh description that you can control it to sound good with a bass, but Im not sure. Its only $30 from Musicians Friend.