OK ima soon be buying one of those...

the problem is i yesteday found that the Windsor Stacks arent available anymore?? neither in GC nor in MF... what happened??
also the question is... what cab shall i use to get the best sounding ... the stack was 500 only and i would like to stay in the same price... ie 300 for the head and 200-300 for the cab...

also what'd be the best pedal for about 50-100 for Windsor... for metal??? or getting VK would be better?

id say ima hard rock/blues player.. i have a strat which i use forblues and hard.. .hmm yeah i guess i use cleans a lot as well as distorted sounds.. hmm as im a solo guitaristi also love distortion... andi also love the metal.. heavy metal like White snake ironmaiden... and Avenged sevenfold.... ima buy a new guitar for the metal...definately the Epiphone Em-2 FX
hmmm anyways which one would be the best?? i guess VK but it's twice of the price of windsor but has a clean channel... hmm i guess ima take the VK soon with 12 month financing in GC?? PS also it says it has a Footswitchable channel, boost, and effects loop? with only two SW pedal?? or is the loop for the windsor??

now that was messed up.. i think so sorry if so ....
my rhythm guitarist uses winsor cabs and my lead uses valveking, winsor are cheaper and not that different sounding, as for a good distortion pedal get a metal muff
VK is better for that kind of thing.

The only amp that will get you A7x tones is a Bogner Uberschall (which is thousands of dollars)
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
VK is better for that kind of thing.

The only amp that will get you A7x tones is a Bogner Uberschall (which is thousands of dollars), or a Mesa Rectifier (which is a little over a thousand)

fix X)
Ghold, man, it's like $1700 new for a head...
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
If you don't really need cleans, the Windsor
If you are A/Bing amps, Windsor
Cleans are essential, Valveking.

Wish I would have never gotten rid of my Windsor and ran it in an ABY setup...

Also, a great OD pedal for either amp is a Digitech Bad Monkey. It's a Tubescreamer clone, with a little more grit. Great OD.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
If you want a shit amp, buy the valveking. If you want a decent amp that won't work for you at all, buy the windsor.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
hmm i was actually thinking of Digitech Screamin Blues hmm

yeah also you can get windsor cleanif you mess around with the knobs... and it'sa pretty descent clean...
hmm the only thing i'd like is to get on clean with one foot tap... eh whatever...

well i dont want exact A7X copy... i just wanteed to describe the tonme id want to get but that aint the most importanttone i need... haha
hmm also i could use the OD pedal or my RP250 for jumping from the Clean to OD... evenif not using the Windsor's Distortion.. (idont play much eally-clean tone songs so doing so for few songs won't kill my tone anywayz )
or you could spend 300-400$ or so on a nice Peavey Ultra or VTM, or a Laney AOR, then save for a cab.
I'd only recommend the VK if you're willing to buy used ($200 - $300) and invest in several upgrades to make it better (speaker, tubes (less necessary than the other two, IMO) and EQ pedal).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Ghold125
The windsor won't get A7x tones without a boost and/or EQ

Fixed.

The Windsor lacks cleans...but does a great vintage marshall tone.

TS: If I were you...I'd look at some different amps. If you can go used I'd look into a Peavey XXX or a new Bugera, B-52, etc. Those amps are voiced closer to what you're looking for from the factory.
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by eyebanez333
Fixed.

The Windsor lacks cleans...but does a great vintage marshall tone.

It is still not voiced at all. Vintage Marshall=/=Avenged Sevenfold
Quote by Ghold125
It is still not voiced at all. Vintage Marshall=/=Avenged Sevenfold

The Windsor is voiced very much like a JCM...Avenged Sevenfold tones are easily attained with a boost.
That's interesting.. I played a Windsor half stack at Best Buy today.. 200 for head 150 for cab..
GEAR:
Washburn WI64DL Idol
Squier HELLO KITTY STRAT
Ibanez GRG270
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Microcube
Valveking can get u really good dirty and clean tones.... my has yet to dissapoint.
for the price i believe their is nothing better.
but yeah it can be spiced up a little.
eh i guess imaget the Valve King... no need to mod couse metal aint my general genre.. i mean if it'll match the rock/hard rock and heavy metal-ish tone pretty well than that's what i want... and yeah unfortunately i really need cleans and i realized that using ABY will be a bit problemish with Pedals... if i put for example my Processor in the effects loop for using the delay reverb chorus i won't be able to have the same pedal for the other amp as well... gotta than buy the two of the same pedals... to have em on the tube head and the other combo... ??
ouch better to get the VK.. .so hmm i dont think the VK wont match me as i dont use too much brutal distortion. .though ima be using a pedal to boost it as well... and my future guitar has got active pups so...

now a guy recomended me to use a Bad Monkey... (it's a copy of the tube screamer he said) idk is the Tube screamer that much good? :p hmm ive seen one for 40 but i aint sure that'll do... also i was thinking of Screamin Blues by Digitech and the metal muff but it's Xpensive right? oh and also i guess i wont need additional pedal for blues with VK right? so better buy one for hard stuff/metal