ok so i was screwing around and i think i made a kool sounding riff but my question is cna i make a whole song off of it or is it already used

Gtr I (E A D G) - 'Untitled'

4/4
Gtr I
E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E E
|-17-17-17--14-14-14-14-14-13-13-13-14-14-14-14-14----|
|-14-14-14--14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14-14----|
|------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------------------------------------------------|
Use what you want to make any song you want. Theres artist out there who take bits from hundreds of songs and mix them toghether to make new songs.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by fatgoogle
Use what you want to make any song you want. Theres artist out there who take bits from hundreds of songs and mix them toghether to make new songs.

and those artists are considered posers...aka Greenday...
Quote by dayzofdesire

Broken nose at a Skindred show and a chipped tooth at As I Lay Dying...

Quote by Capitalistklok

nice. and brutal.
Quote by dayzofdesire

wat
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by dayzofdesire

You may need this.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by dayzofdesire

or Cream... or Zeppelin... or about anybody.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
or Cream... or Zeppelin... or about anybody.

yeah, by that logic just about every band is a poser... and as bad as greenday(actually there are "accomplished musicians" that are alot worse)
Quote by dayzofdesire

And yet you take the time to write and submit a 30 Seconds to Mars guitartab for this side Greenday>30STM

We don't need or want you attitude here.
i mean personally i like it when bands bite off ****. if anything its respect. rappers do it a lot, lil wayne bites off kanye then gives props to him alllll the time. and method man bites off wu-tang. etc. etc. if you need better examples than the all powerful wu i guess you could say a lot of "metal" bands today are bitin off the old days ish. i bite off steve harris alllll the time. its just respect. take a little chunk of something they did that was fantastic then mix it in with your own flavor you know? uhno man maybe im just ranting...

anyways.

i like the riff, im not too into chords and ish but thatd be sweet. and for some variety you could play the octave and what nots. thatd be illin. maybe fuss around with the rythms and octaves. uhno. do yo thanggggg

Quote by watchingmefall
Quote by dayzofdesire

And yet you take the time to write and submit a 30 Seconds to Mars guitartab for this side Greenday>30STM

We don't need or want you attitude here.

Quote by watchingmefall
Quote by Helbent Revenge
I was just pointing out that the title just seemed like poor grammer, I'm trying to help the kid out

Grammar

givin the mean beat down all day
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Last edited by bassman10101 at Jun 28, 2009,
Do it.

Inb4 Coldplay.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Originality doesn't count for **** any more, there's no such thing. Artistic integrity on the other hand is what you should be striving towards. As long as you make music that you want to make you shouldn't worry about ripping off other artists
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
Originality doesn't count for **** any more, there's no such thing. Artistic integrity on the other hand is what you should be striving towards. As long as you make music that you want to make you shouldn't worry about ripping off other artists

... as long as it's not obvious plaigarism (sp?) but that riff isn't

do it
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think