well imo it blows the 2500 out of the water, my only complaint would be that it is without a graphic eq (but this personal preference) its a superb amp which is very easy to dial your tone into, quite transparent. Ive played it quite a lot (mate has one) and am debating between it and the carvin bx500, there are several regulars who own this amp and can probably give a better description than i

go for it!
It is infinitely better than the 2500

The eq has a learning curve but once you know how to use it, it's all gravy
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
its only a 3-band eq...

though not having any experience with it, does anybody know the limitations of the eq?
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by TheTortured
its only a 3-band eq...

though not having any experience with it, does anybody know the limitations of the eq?

Read the review in this http://www.bassgearmag.com/web/issue.php?issue_id=7
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
The limitations of the EQ are nothing to worry about it. It's as versatile as a graphic EQ without the complexity. It's so easy to dial in punk tones, warm blues tones, thumpy reggae, scooped funk tones, everything is so easy to dial in. The only thing you won't nail on it is classic rock tone because the amp is very transparent and doesn't colour your tone in the same way ampegs and trace elliots do. I've had one for about 6 months now and I wouldn't change it for anything except maybe the LH1000 if I ever need that much power. I'm a hartke player for life now.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
I have the LH1000 and am only using one of the power amps (so basically using it as a 500) If you don't mind saving up a bit more then I would recommend you do this too becasue it's not much more expensive and it gives you the option to upgrade with more speakers later on
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think