Hey crew,

Looking to get a Whammy pedal and I was wondering is there a noticeable difference between the original whammy and the later divisions, is it worth it to try and track down the original one ?
If by 'track down' you mean 'pay for,' then yes, the first whammy is generally regarded as the one to have.
They're awfully expensive though, I'd make sure it's really what you want first before getting an original.
Quote by nightraven
there is something that they did to the first whammy pedals which they stopped doing afterwards and it's what people love. but i can't for the love of god remember what that was...

I believe it was something regarding input signal sensetivity.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by nightraven
not at all. that'd be seriously groundbreaking for something analogue to do all that.

Yeah that would be sweet haha. But I'm pretty sure the whammy is pretty much the most digital pedal ever haha.
Doesn't it have some feature that the new one doesnt have? Or was that only from the first to the second... I'm not sure.
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
Yeah thats true haha, they added the divebomb and something else with the 4.
The first sounds "fuller" or something, which really... how is that possible with something as digital sounding as the whammy haha.
It's probably just that there is older technology (such as the chip) that just has a slightly different sound, that is regarded as better.
And I think it has a better bypass...
Gear
Ibanez JS1200
Agile 3000M w/ Emg 81/85
Takamine FP450SMC-SB
Peavey JSX w/ Saxon 2x12 (Eminence Governor's)
Line 6 M13
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez TS9DX
The first sounds alot loss digital and is alot "Smoother", it all comes down to personal tastes. not which is better.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Tom Morello says he prefers the first one because it's Glitchier... read that somewhere
Whammy 4 is a touch smoother i think, very little difference
Strat

Proco Turbo RAT
Boss RE-20

Fender Blues Junior