is exactly what i said about 5 minutes ago when this happened to me.
i was just checking my email and while doing so i was absent mindedly screwing around with the whammy bar, hitting high notes and just warping the crap out of them, and i had finished reading my email so i closed it, and carried on mucking about attempting divebombs etc.

i hit the 18th fret on the high e, bent it as hard as i could and bombed it on the whammy, then i let go of the fret, and let go of the whammy, and then noticed that the guitar was still ringing out the note from the 18th fret, while i had no hands on the neck. i tried muting the stings individually to see which one it was, and muted the high e last and that's when it stopped.

i wasnt playing through any pedals, just guitar -> amp.

was this some freak of physics or is this some sort of technique i just accidentaly used? 'cos i sure am having a hard time doing it again.
Quote by stringsquealer
dude you have a razorback explosion?!?!
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E
Munky has a reason. A reason to live. *applauds*

Sounds to me like a Natural harmonic?
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
I think you managed to strike a nature harmonic note when letting go of the whammy bar.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

dudes, i know what a harmonic sounds like. it was exactly as if i was fretting at 18. no pure, clean sound, just a normal note.

EDIT: and i highly doubt it was feedback, my amp is at one and when i want to get some feedback i need to bring it to about 3 or higher.
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

Last edited by munkymanmatt at Jun 28, 2009,
Congratulations, you've just discovered feedback.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
cool story, brah... btw, was any of the emailing you talked about necessary to this story?
how could my emailing be necessary? what u think i sent my guitar an email asking it to do something weird today? i was sending an old friend who i haven't seen in years a message as i found his address on my old email account last week. happy?
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

Last edited by munkymanmatt at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by munkymanmatt
how could my emailing be necessary? what u think i sent my guitar an email asking it to do something weird today? i was sending an old friend who i haven't seen in years a message as i found his address on my old email account last week. happy?

Dude, chill out.
Quote by Gummy Balls
Who the hell posts that they made up a chord on a guitar forum? He should of just called this thread " flame the shit out me".

~Founder of the Pokemon Appreciation Club~
man sorry i can see why you think im gettin angry cos that post doesn't look like i'm happy but im chilled, don't worry
Quote by stringsquealer
im so jealous

Quote by Kyle.E

Dude, it was a harmonic. I get the same thing when playing at the 12th fret. Sometimes harmonics don't sounds like harmonics, but fretted notes.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Quote by munkymanmatt

Dude he was saying the part at the beginning with the emailing was totally unnecessary, its background info we dont care to know.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

It's magic....
PS

It's only fun till someone pokes an eye out!