i know he uses an SG, but thats about it. i dont know any of those websites that list gear, so can someone inform we what gear mikko uses?

i totally love his tone.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Finnish wikipedia gave this kinda list

* Gibson SG Standard
* Gibson SG Alpine White
* Gibson SG Special
* Gibson SG 61 Reissue
* Gibson SG Doubleneck
* Gibson Les Paul Standard
* Gibson Flying V
* Epiphone SG G-400 Alpine white
* Laney VH100R
* Morley Cry baby Wah-Wah
ooo laneys, thats do-able.

how much does that model go for used on average?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

oooOOOO

Linde is my FAVY guitarist!!!!

i had an entire list of stuff he uses, but i cant seem to find it ¬¬

from top of my head...

he uses various stompboxes that he shares with Mige,
'a green thing' (which is a boss fuzz)
he uses a Dunlop Crybaby BASS Wah. which gived him that really distinct sound.

if i find the rest, il post em or pm ya
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
i love that fuzzy tone he gets, i assume thats the boss fuzz?

or maybe the bass wah rocked back on, i dunno.

either way im gasing for a laney and some fuzz.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

nah, the fuzzy tone he gets from setting one of the laneys to distortion, and slamming his fuzz through it (not the boss one).

i cant remember what its called though!

im still searching

its bugging ME now!
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
He's got one Laney running with the distortion channel on, and one running clean with a fulltone fuzz pedal going through it.

That's about all I can remember about his gear.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Linde's tone requires BIG pockets. He actually uses 2 different amps to get his sound. He plugs his Gibson Sg Standard into a Skrydsrupt MIDI foot controller, with one going into his TC Electronic G-Major Rack effects unit, into a Fulltone Octafuzz pedal, into a Laney VH100R head labeled Fuzz. another line coming from the MIDI controller runs through his Rack effect system, into another VH100R head, directly into th elead/distortion channel. He also uses a Dunlop Crybaby Bass wah pedal, and has a Boss Tuner, and a peterson strobe tuner on his pealboard as well. In his earlier days, he was know to use a green fuzz box called the ZVex fuzz factory. Hopes this helps =)
Quote by LindeII
Linde's tone requires BIG pockets. He actually uses 2 different amps to get his sound. He plugs his Gibson Sg Standard into a Skrydsrupt MIDI foot controller, with one going into his TC Electronic G-Major Rack effects unit, into a Fulltone Octafuzz pedal, into a Laney VH100R head labeled Fuzz. another line coming from the MIDI controller runs through his Rack effect system, into another VH100R head, directly into th elead/distortion channel. He also uses a Dunlop Crybaby Bass wah pedal, and has a Boss Tuner, and a peterson strobe tuner on his pealboard as well. In his earlier days, he was know to use a green fuzz box called the ZVex fuzz factory. Hopes this helps =)

He also uses Danelectro Baritone guitars from time to time and/or tunes into B standard.

But yeah. He's got two Laney VH100R's running stereo. One runs with a fuzz on, the other with the lead channel.

Just getting two heads, four cabs, the Octafuzz, 61 Reissue White SG, and Dunlop 15Q wah will run about 7000USD, and that's the minimalist approach to his rig.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Last edited by Weeping_Demon7 at Jul 13, 2009,
Take two cabs out of that though, as you really only need one per amp

Still like $5000
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Ok. On the solos for "Right here in my arms" and "Gone with the sin". What effect is he using? I have been told it's an e-bow but I don't know. I love the tone he gets regardless.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
Ok. On the solos for "Right here in my arms" and "Gone with the sin". What effect is he using? I have been told it's an e-bow but I don't know. I love the tone he gets regardless.

A sh*t ton of fuzz and a volume pedal for Right Here in My Arms. Gone With the Sin uses reverse reverb/slight echo. (Record the reverb, then you can use a program to replay it but it inverses it somehow.) He also uses an overly large amount of fuzz in there too.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

Quote by Weeping_Demon7
A sh*t ton of fuzz and a volume pedal for Right Here in My Arms. Gone With the Sin uses reverse reverb/slight echo. (Record the reverb, then you can use a program to replay it but it inverses it somehow.) He also uses an overly large amount of fuzz in there too.

I thought gone with the sin solo was done on a synthesiser? It could well be on a guitar since i know there are fuzzes / synth pedals that do similar things but still. I know he plays it live though so maybe i'm wrong.

edit:

Quote by JayT44

An ebow makes a guitar sound very violin / cello like, it dosn't really sound like he's using one on either of those solos imo.
Quote by JayT44

Well, the answer is quite simple. It's a ZVex Fuzz Factory "a green thingy" pedal. He used it often on the Rezorblade Romance album (Gone With The Sin, Right Here In My Arms, Razorblade Kiss solos, etc.) and on every tour since then. You can see the pedal on some live videos from 2000/2001.

Check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVceBkgsDME - many well-known guitar sounds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcKMt9wTwgI - 3:25 - his double pedal board
from 2001. You can also spot there a Fulltone Ultimate Octave fuzz pedal.
Last edited by stillborn66 at Mar 29, 2011,