So whenever i try to play fast i tend to anchor my palm to the bridge (not muting any strings), i read on another topic that this is really bad and limits your ability and that i should correct it, but i really suck when not doing it, its been like 5 days since i stopped doing this and i dont have problems with accuracy anymore, but i play a lot faster and cleaner when anchoring and im a lot more comfortable when playing; anyway, should i practice the way im more comfortable with or should i practice the other way which is supossed to be better?
Seagull Entourage Mini Jumbo
do whats comfortable man, Technique isn't everything. If it doesn't feel right, Don't do it
Agile ps 900
Washburn Wi
Rogue bass

all running through podfarm platinum XD
Personally, I like to be versatile. I'd learn to do it both ways. The reason that they say anchoring is bad is because you're supposed to be able to hit a given string without a point of reference. So I would learn to improve your technique while you're not anchoring, and if it still doesn't feel right by the time you're able to do it, then go back to anchoring.
I do this to. I'm in the exact sam boat as you I can hit notes fine without anchoring, but when it comes to tremolo picking I can barely do it. I think I'm just gonna keep working at it with a metronome and try to get better at it.
Where's Waldo?

yay
Quote by Erick vonZipper
The reason that they say anchoring is bad is because you're supposed to be able to hit a given string without a point of reference.

The reason is because it causes a lot of unnecessary tension. The point of reference will always be the last string played, whether you anchor or not.
If you anchor with the side of your hand, moving your hand will be slower. Also tremolo picking may be slower, I have that problem.

But it's good for playing heavier stuff on the low strings, because you can easily palm mute.
Soon, death metal's drums will be so fast only computers will be able to listen to it.

94? Not bad. It shall improve >=)

Who's looking for hosting? My/My Friends site will be up and running soon, looking for customers - PM me if interested.