Mesa Single Rectifier vs Orange Rocker 30. I am planning (so far) on getting one of them brand new soon. I had a used Rect. and had some issues with it since the previous owner didnt take care of it, so I am avoiding used amps from now on.

I play mostly alternative,punk, and pop rock with some blues. I know the Rectifier beats the Orange as far as clean, but I almost prefer the Orange for dirty,crunchy tone. prices are about the same, and the Mesa has more features. I am really torn, but it will come down to reliability.

From what you guys have heard, what can you tell me about the reliability of these amps? Are either one known for breaking down more than usual? I have read numerous reviews on both, and both seem to be pretty solid amps.
mesa hands down

Epi LP Custom EMGs
ESP H-1000
Schecter Elite 7
Jackson Dominion
Peavey Valveking Head
Jet City JCA24s
Blackstar HT20 & HTV212
MXR Pedals
Schecter Stiletto Custom
Schecter Stiletto Studio
Fender Vintage Modified
Ampeg B2RE
Fender 4x10 Cab
Quote by bigfoamfinger
Mesa Single Rectifier vs Orange Rocker 30. I am planning (so far) on getting one of them brand new soon. I had a used Rect. and had some issues with it since the previous owner didnt take care of it, so I am avoiding used amps from now on.

I play mostly alternative,punk, and pop rock with some blues. I know the Rectifier beats the Orange as far as clean, but I almost prefer the Orange for dirty,crunchy tone. prices are about the same, and the Mesa has more features. I am really torn, but it will come down to reliability.

From what you guys have heard, what can you tell me about the reliability of these amps? Are either one known for breaking down more than usual? I have read numerous reviews on both, and both seem to be pretty solid amps.

Id go with the orange man, ive actually owned both of these in the past, and for what you play I would go for the orange definitely, also the orange has much nicer cleans!!! In my opinion anyway

If you played a lot of metal I would go with the rectifier, but i wouldnt recommend it otherwise

As for reliability, it depends if you are in UK or USA - UK obviously will have better customer support for orange and vice versa for mesa. My orange never had a problem, whereas my single rectifer had a few problems, which is why I got rid of it
Diezel, Motherfucker
Last edited by mh400nt at Jun 28, 2009,
What? The Recto beats the Orange for cleans!?!? The Orange beats the Recto for cleans in a landslide imo

The only thing the Recto has over the Orange in cleans, is it has more headroom...

I'd probably go for the Orange.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The single rec isn't one of Mesa's better amps. I'm going to have to vote for the orange on this one. At that level, orange produces better amps imo. The orange should have better cleans as well...
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
depends which type of tone you want more. this is probably no help, but the orange will do the orange tone better while the mesa will do the mesa tone better.

it's worth bearing in mind each amp's respective value in its country of manufacture, too. Here in the UK, where oranges are made, the orange is probably about half the price of the mesa; in the USA, the mesa is about half the price of what it costs in the UK. Don't judge based on price, in other words...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 28, 2009,
If it was Triple Rec VS Thunderverb, I'd probably say Orange, but in this case, MAYBE Mesa. Orange looks nice though..
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Orange, it will be better for what you said than a Mesa. Keep in mind its expensive in the U.S though, so look around for something cheap.
Last edited by The_Bosstone at Jun 28, 2009,
I do have a Mesa dealer/authorized repair center AND an orange dealer/authorized repair center within an hour of me so its a tie with that too lol.

I think part of it is a mental thing. I have ALWAYS wanted a Mesa, but in my heart of hearts I am leaning towards the Orange. The issue with my used Recto when I had it kind of tainted my faith in the Single Rec's reliability too. I know the Single Rec isnt their best amp, but I don't need a Dual- 100 watts is too powerful for me now and the price is too high. Id love to have one someday though.
a Mark IV or the Orange.

Rectos suck for everything except high gain.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Have you played a Rocker 30? The cleans are terrible. I've owned one and now have a Single solo head, no comparison. So many different tones in the Mesa.
Quote by tennisplayer
Have you played a Rocker 30? The cleans are terrible. I've owned one and now have a Single solo head, no comparison. So many different tones in the Mesa.

I have played a Rocker 30 and said the Mesa beats the Orange's cleans in my first post.

I do agree that you can get more tones from the Mesa. Im just torn because I almost feel the Orange can do the tones I use better than the Mesa, but it is nice having options in case I want to add to or change the tones I use
Last edited by bigfoamfinger at Jun 28, 2009,