So my friend is selling this guitar, all she knows about it is that it's Epiphone and it's never been used. Ever. She went to acoustic after buying it.

But it's like no Epiphone I have seen.
-Epiphone written on headstock; 'Gibson' on truss cover.
-Strat style
-Neck -seems- to have a C shape; it's not super-thin like an Ibanez meant for shred.
-Flat top, solid body
-Floyd Rose trem
-Locking nut (naturally)
-SSH pickup config
-No pickguard; rear rout for electronics
-6 in line tuners
-Red finish
-Black hardware/pickups

Couldn't really play; I picked it up and the bridge fell out. Strings had too much slack.

Selling price is $200. I heard she was selling her Epiphone and I assumed SG, considering she didn't know what kind it was but she said it had 2 horns, and I said I would buy it. Wanted to have a project guitar so I don't have to knock on my Squier anymore.

Can anyone tell me more about this thing? Or if the buy would be worth it?

No pics sorry :s
Last edited by Jerry.thewise at Jun 28, 2009,
You mean one like this?

If it is, i saw that guitar at the price of $100 used (dont remember where srry)
"oh sh*t i gotta do vibrato"
-Marty Friedman

Best quote ever.
Does it look like this? I've played one before, wasnt all that impressed with it.

Probably more like this one though.....copy of the Gibson U2 I think. I really like the head stock on these.

Last edited by halo71 at Jun 28, 2009,
theyre decent guitars. not usually $200, but if its brand new/never used then i would say go for it! got any pics of it?
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Sounds like the Epiphone Fat 210 or Fat 310. The Fat series was discontinued a few years ago, but it's still shown in the user's manual that comes with the new Epiphones. Basically, it's just another Stratocaster copy.
Dude... don't buy it... A floyd rose is a pain in the butt to begin with, even more so with one where the entire bridge has fallen out. It looks like a degenerate among guitars, especially in its condition.
My Rig-
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncans) {My Baby ^_^}
-Fender Frontman 212R
-Boss DS-1
-Boss MD-2
-Boss Noise Gate
Ive got that red one but with a maple neck. I dunno, I wouldnt trade mine for anything.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Quote by RisingFreedom09
Dude... don't buy it... A floyd rose is a pain in the butt to begin with, even more so with one where the entire bridge has fallen out. It looks like a degenerate among guitars, especially in its condition.

that is YOUR opinion. maybe he likes floyds, like many other people. i LOVE floyds, i wish every guitar had one, but some people hate them to death. if he likes floyds, then let him get it. let him decide if a floyd is right for him. dont just tell him not to get it just because YOU dont like floyds.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Quote by RisingFreedom09

Total BS! I generally find the people that dont like them are the ones that know nothing about how they operate and nothing about setting them up.
Try it out. Get us pics. Ask her to wait on selling it so you can check it out more.
I don't enjoy tremolos at all to be honest, more or less due to lack of technique/discipline to learn technique/tuning stability, having only worked with my Squier's stock bridge and tuners.

The -entire- bridge didn't fall out, I think it was just the trem bar and the little nut it screwed into. It all looked like it can just screw back on so that would be ok.

It was neither the s-210 or s-310, like I said they didn't have pickguards

For all I know it is this one; there's a little bit of difference in pickups but not a whole lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=120440859175&Category=33037

If she doesn't sell it to me it's just gonna collect dust at her mom's while she's at college for another semester, so no worries there.
Last edited by Jerry.thewise at Jun 28, 2009,
i think they're awesome. screams hair metal guitar to me like i said i really wanted to buy one in a nearby store, but the neck was awful

just make sure the neck's alright and you should be fine. the bridge can always be remounted.
Quote by Jerry.thewise
I don't enjoy tremolos at all to be honest, more or less due to lack of technique/discipline to learn technique/tuning stability, having only worked with my Squier's stock bridge and tuners.

The -entire- bridge didn't fall out, I think it was just the trem bar and the little nut it screwed into. It all looked like it can just screw back on so that would be ok.

It was neither the s-210 or s-310, like I said they didn't have pickguards

For all I know it is this one; there's a little bit of difference in pickups but not a whole lot.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=120440859175&Category=33037

If she doesn't sell it to me it's just gonna collect dust at her mom's while she's at college for another semester, so no worries there.

Oh, I'm sorry. I forgot that it was completely impossible to remove a pickguard.