Hey guys

I own a 30W Class A Orange AD30 amp. Recently I have decided to try and trade it for a Class A/B amp.

Would a 50W Class A/B amp be louder than a 30W Class A amp?

Thank you.
Gear:
-Krank Krankenstein JR 50W
-Orange PPC112 w/ Celestion Vintage 30
-Gibson Les Paul Studio (white)
-Gibson Flying V
-MXR Carbon Copy
-Digitech Whammy
-Digitech JamMan
-Boss SD-1
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Your Orange probably runs in A/B when overdriven...
Whats the difference between class A and class a/b?
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
Quote by WenisWeasel

Would a 50W Class A/B amp be louder than a 30W Class A amp?

i'd have thought so, everything else being equal. But sometimes amps can surprise you, regardless of the specs.

Quote by demitriv
Whats the difference between class A and class a/b?

pretty much the operating class of the power tubes.

http://www.aikenamps.com/

there's good info there, in the tech info section. I deleted my description, there's far better info in that link i posted, in the glossary, and "what do the terms push-pull and single-ended mean?", in the "introductory" section.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jun 28, 2009,
Thank you very much!
Gear:
-Krank Krankenstein JR 50W
-Orange PPC112 w/ Celestion Vintage 30
-Gibson Les Paul Studio (white)
-Gibson Flying V
-MXR Carbon Copy
-Digitech Whammy
-Digitech JamMan
-Boss SD-1
-Epiphone Hummingbird
Also thanks lol.
Gear
Tokai Love Rock
Vox AC4
Danelectro Transparent Overdrive
T.C. Electronic Nova Repeater
Stomp Under Foot Violet Rams Head
no problem
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?