I am about to purchase an amp. The 60 watt version has 1 speaker and the 100 watt has two speakers. I think the 100 watt would sound better because it has 2 (2x12) speakers where the 60 watt only has one. If I have two speakers I think it would sound better. I don't think I would need the 109 watt one because 65 is plenty enough for hamming with friends and for practice. I am in to no serious gigging but for a $100 dollars more I don't know if it is worth it because it could make the tone better and it looks more badass
well as far as tone goes it probably won't make much of a difference. But you are less likely to blow out a speaker if there are two.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Having two speakers can make the speaker break up at a higher volume, since you have two sharing the load.
It will be a lot louder and a lot heavier.

If you are sure the 60 is loud enough, then you probably don't want to be hauling around a 2x12 amp.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
It might look badass and make a marginal improvement in tone, but a 2x12 combo is incredibly impractical for space and weight reasons. And also 100 watts is going to be really fucking loud, especially coming through 2 speakers.

I have a 2x12 combo and I often feel like sawing it in half.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
What is the amp? Please tell me not a Vypyr... Anyways, the whole two speaker thing isn't as awesome as it sounds, it will give you more low-end, like the other guy said, but it is incredibly heavy. There is nothing it will really do to change the overall tone.
My Rig-
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncans) {My Baby ^_^}
-Fender Frontman 212R
-Boss DS-1
-Boss MD-2
-Boss Noise Gate
AS everyone is saying, you'll get more of a low end. It will be louder, but much heavier to lug around with you.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
i thought you just bought the raven?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
You could always pop some casters in the bottom to roll a big 2x12 around.

Still impractical, but more fun to ride down a hill with, if you were ever in that sort of mood.
Quote by BeethovensBust
You could always pop some casters in the bottom to roll a big 2x12 around.

Still impractical, but more fun to ride down a hill with, if you were ever in that sort of mood.

+1.

The main thing I noticed is that it will project more. My mate and I jammed with Spider III's (I had the 30W 112 and he had the 120W 212). We played in an auditorium with no PA system and we were trying to sync volumes. The people in the front row could hear me louder but the people in the back could hear him louder. My one speaker may have been louder, but his had the ability to project the sound for a greater distance.
Ibanez RGT42DX
Vox AC30C2
Digitech Whammy (FOR SALE!)
Dunlop GCB-95F Crybaby
Boss DD-20
Boss SD-1
Ibanez TS9DX
MXR M-108 10 Band EQ
If this amp you're getting has a speaker out then you could just build yourself a 1x12 or 2x12 cabinet to go with it.

That way, if you needed the extra volume/low end, you could take it with you, but if you needed it to be compact, you could leave one or two speakers at home.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I have ordered a raven at guitar center but I might exchange it for the 60 watt one cause I don't need 100 watts. I'll probaly keep the 100 watt one though
Quote by Deanguitarist39
I have ordered a raven at guitar center but I might exchange it for the 60 watt one cause I don't need 100 watts. I'll probaly keep the 100 watt one though

I hate to tell you but that decision itself is going to fuck you over.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I hate to tell you but that decision itself is going to fuck you over.

No not really because for a 13 year old kid who is not rich or into serious gigging it's a good deal. I don't use the amp distortion and I already have pedal effects. I use distortion pedals instead of amp distortion. I will admit the amp distortion ****ing sucks but that's why I use pedals. It takes pedals just as well as any other amps i've tested out so it's fine for me. The clean channel is not that bad so for jamming with my friends $250 is a good price and it sounds good with pedals. I could see someone not wanting to buy allot of pedals but so I already had them so what the hell. I'm happy with my decision and if you were in my situation you would understand. In the future when I gig I will buy a better amp but fot now this is killer.

The reason why I didn't get the b52 is because the b52 and the raven both sounded the same with my pedals so I got the raven because it was cheaper louder and looks sweet but later I will seriously buy a tube amp.
Quote by Deanguitarist39
No not really because for a 13 year old kid who is not rich or into serious gigging it's a good deal. I don't use the amp distortion and I already have pedal effects. I use distortion pedals instead of amp distortion. I will admit the amp distortion ****ing sucks but that's why I use pedals. It takes pedals just as well as any other amps i've tested out so it's fine for me. The clean channel is not that bad so for jamming with my friends $250 is a good price and it sounds good with pedals. I could see someone not wanting to buy allot of pedals but so I already had them so what the hell. I'm happy with my decision and if you were in my situation you would understand. In the future when I gig I will buy a better amp but fot now this is killer.

The reason why I didn't get the b52 is because the b52 and the raven both sounded the same with my pedals so I got the raven because it was cheaper louder and looks sweet but later I will seriously buy a tube amp.

Hate to break it to you but...

60 watts tube>100 watts solid state.

And the B-52 has a distortion channel that will sound better than any of your pedals.

But.......you already bought it. Good luck.
he said he was going to return the raven to get the b-52, or am i too tired to tell?
I own a Gibson SG Standard
And I am officialy recognized as an SG commando

Gibson 2009 SG Standard --> Peavey Classic 50 2x12

RIP Lester William Polsfuss aka Les Paul 1915-2009
RIP Stephen Ray Vaughan aka SRV 1954-1990
Quote by Deanguitarist39

please stop.

you failed more times than me and i have the most failures in the GG&A

EDIT:
im not rich and im the same age as you and i save my money until i can afford a good amp.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jun 29, 2009,
60 watts tube is louder than 100 watts solid state. Plus, the Raven is a horrible deal because you will hate it in 6 months or less. I can assure you that the B-52's distortion will beat the Raven's/any pedal you can throw at it. Also, the B-52 will sound better for longer because it is the BETTER amp.

But if you are happy I can't complain. Ignorance is bliss.
i have a 2X10, i ****ing hate the weight/size,

the added low end isnt good either
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by jthm_guitarist
It will be a lot louder and a lot heavier.

If you are sure the 60 is loud enough, then you probably don't want to be hauling around a 2x12 amp.

Wrong. it will be pretty much the same volume.

Also, I guarantee a little 15W amp would be almost as loud as the 100W Raven, and a hell of a lot better sounding.

Speakers aren't really a clear-cut issue...for example, two cheap 12" speakers in a cheap cabinet may well have less low-end than a well-designed 1x10".
I have never heard a 1x12 sound better than its 2x12 counterpart. Ever.