Please sticky this mods! I thought this would help everyone here who likes networking

Anyways, a way how to promote your band in different areas of the UK are by exchanging gigs ie:

Band A from Manchester

Band B from Cornwall

----

Band A asks B in this thread if they could support them in Cornwall, in return, Band B will support A in Manchester vice-versa.

----

1#
Name: Before You Were Famous
Genre: Indie Rock
Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/beforeyouwerefamous
Contact: beforeyouwerefamous@live.co.uk OR (more preferably) send a myspace message.

2#
Name: Hooligan Village
Genre: Alt Rock
Myspace: www.myspace.com/hooliganvillage
Contact: hooliganvillage@hotmail.co.uk OR (more preferably) send a myspace message.

3#
Name: My Lost Obsession
Genre: Pop-Punk
Myspace: www.myspace.com/mylostobsession

4#
Name: The Odessa Massacre
Genre: Death Metal
Myspace: www.myspace.com/theodessamassacreuk
Contact: mystorysofar@hotmail.co.uk OR (more preferably) send a myspace message.

5#
Name: Event Horizon
Genre: Progressive Metal
Myspace: www.myspace.com/eventwhorizon
Contact: chrissalix@googlemail.com OR (more preferably) send a myspace message.

6#
Name: Chasing Melfina
Genre: Post-rock
Myspace: www.myspace.com/chasingmelfina

7#
Name:No Guts No Glory
Genre: Metalcore/Hardcore/Metal
Myspace: www.myspace.com/NGNGBristol

----

To take part, leave your Band Name, Genre, Website and email address/link to your pm etc and finally your location and you'll be on the list, so people will be able to find you easily.
Last edited by Zach Dunn at Apr 17, 2010,
Thanks lol...and my band isnt ready yet but ill keep everyone informed...if they care
I love this idea. Definitely worthy of a sticky if it takes off. My band is currently me and a drummer. But when we find a bassist we'll definitely join in
Name: Before You Were Famous
Genre: Indie Rock
Myspace: myspace.com/beforeyouwerefamous
Ages: 16, 16, 16, 17
Contact: either email beforeyouwerefamous@live.co.uk OR (more preferably) send us a myspace message.
***Short Sig***
*another update*

Ill start updating at the end of the day instead of after everyone upping
Name: Chasing Melfina
Genre: Post-rock
Ages: 19, 18, 22
Myspace: www.myspace.com/chasingmelfina (current songs n/a- new demo coming first week of August)
Contact: aidy_sin[AT]hotmail[DOT]co[DOT]uk or send a myspace message.
Whilst I like the initiative, I feel that this should be in musicians wanted/comments. I'll leave it open till somebody can comment or move it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
great idea, as long as people follow a few caveats.

if you're offering to do gig swaps, make sure you have enough of a following. unless you're doing headlining shows and getting people to them in your home town, you shouldn't be offering gig swaps. otherwise, it defeats the object.

similarly, if you're looking to gig swap, look at what the other band is doing. playing with a bunch of no marks who no-one goes to see might not do you much good.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
Well, not exactly a gig swap...i hate those, as you can lose out on oppertunities. I was thinking more of directory for promotors in need of an extra band or something xD