okkkk so i need a tuner or tuner pedal, and i know that pedals don't work to well with modeling amps.

I have a vox ad15vt valvetronix

Im lookin at the boss tu-2 since i dont have much money and can find some cheap ones online.

How well would it work with my amp?
get the Korg Pitchblack.
It's cheaper and better than the Boss.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
get the Korg Pitchblack.
It's cheaper and better than the Boss.

+1, i have the pitchblack and have to say it works great. Also its true bypass which is important to me.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Last edited by Maggot3000 at Jun 28, 2009,
Tuners don't do anything to tone, so it wouldn't effect your sound with any amp.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
it won't affect the tone as long as it's 100% true by-pass (which almost every tuner is)

and the boss is only $10 more the the Korg. I've had both, and i prefer the Boss
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
No it won't affect your tone, effects pedals like chorus or OD don't work well with modelling amps
The AD30VT that I have takes pedals well.
Quote by Moggan13
Personally, i'd buy her a can of Coke, then as she's drinking it say to her "Whats better than Coca Cola?" She'll go "What?" and you shout "CREAM SODA!" And ejaculate in her can.
Last edited by funyguy1357: 147 times : 3-01-08 at 08:17 PM.
Quote by Koshman32
it won't affect the tone as long as it's 100% true by-pass (which almost every tuner is)

and the boss is only $10 more the the Korg. I've had both, and i prefer the Boss

Actually the Boss tuner buffers your signal in a particular manner.
Many people hate the Boss pedal for just that reason.
reaaaaaaaallly sorry to bump this thread guys.

But how does it effect tone? Im about to buy one on ebay. I only have 65 bucks and on ebay or anywhere for that price i can't find a pitchblack
I'd get the Planet Waves chromatic tuner pedal. Deadly accurate and a BIG display. Around the same price, but IMHO a much better deal. The Boss tuner is one ugly pedal to boot.
Gear:

Is what some junkies refer to heroin as. For me it's just loads of wires and good sturdy housing, but just as addictive.
It won't affect your tone. Don't believe all the crap about 'true bypass', if you're using more than one or two pedals and a decent length guitar cable it's usually a very good idea to have a tone buffer somewhere in the signal path.
Planet Waves all the way. Easy to read. Looks stylish. Pretty cheap, I can only say positive things about it.
I'm happy with my TU-2. It doesn't do squat to affect my tone.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...