Yay or nay?

I play metal, been playing for 2 years, just made a bunch of money from finishing basic training in the army so i want to spend some money to show for the crap i went through these past 6 months. Looking for a good cheap 6 string.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
i am a HUGE ibanez suppoter, at this point they should be paying me..i have a gsr200fm and i love it. starter bass yes, BUT gave me soooo many opportunities to mod and do what i wanted to it, i.e. making it fretless, filing down the bridge saddles and making it have the lowest possible string height it can have, and electronic upgrades.

thats besides the point...i love ibanez, i havent played one i didnt like. i think that they are very versatile and blend to your mood. plus they can come with you when you want to upgrade. which is always good.

uhh id say my only problem with ibanez is the string height on my gsr200 when i got it. it was low but i had to do a lot of fret shaving to get it where i want it. i guess thats all preferance.

yeh go for it dude

EDIT: just looked on the ibanez website. OH DAMN 6 strings! haha yeh go for it (people on here are gonna bash the neck, again, preferance)
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Last edited by bassman10101 at Jun 28, 2009,
I have the 700 and love it. Yes the string spacing is quite tight (I like it that way btw) but with a bit of practice even slapping stuff is fine
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I have the 700 and love it. Yes the string spacing is quite tight (I like it that way btw) but with a bit of practice even slapping stuff is fine
Yeah i tried it and thought it was amazing spacing. The only thing i had a problem with was the 5th string sounded kinda rattley.
Referring to Victor Wooten
Quote by Nutter_101
"Wa wa wa English is my first language, music is my second blah blah blah wank wank wank I rule, love me suck my dick."

That's all I heard in that entire interview.

My Band:
http://www.myspace.com/closedfortonight
Quote by AmpleSteak
Yeah i tried it and thought it was amazing spacing. The only thing i had a problem with was the 5th string sounded kinda rattley.

how was the set-up? that could be the problem. Or a dodgy bridge. I dunno, I havn't tried one over 4 strings yet. Though I have my mind set on the sr5005 if I come into a lot of money
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by AmpleSteak

I think that's part of the mystery of the B string- You have to find a comfortable place to pluck it at, or it's going to be un-playable. Even in standard, it can get pretty smacky, and my experience comes from my Spector Legend 6. It's got a 35" scale length, and the strings aren't that thick, either. It's a beast, to say the least.
yesyesyes.

It's a strange string spacing at first, but that's easy enough to overcome. The low B is very tight, and takes drop A really well.

Nevermind that it sounds absolutely amazing, and looks great. do it@