C4C. I still haven't worked out the lyrics to this, so I'll just to refer to it under the project name. It's a softer song, using clean guitar on here, but on my guitarists amp, I found the perfect setting for this; it's not distorted, but it has some slight effects on it, and almost has a bluesy tone to it in it's own way; just thought you should keep that in mind. Anyways, let me know what you think; be honest, and try to be constructive.

Edit: Starting at bar 41, after the 2nd chorus, is my attempt at a solo/bridge. I just wrote it as filler until my guitarist takes a look at it and writes one.

GP5 (mediafire)
GP4 (mediafire)
Attachments:
Project 57.gp5
Project 57.gp4
Last edited by herby190 at Jun 28, 2009,
Actually, that's what I was planning on doing when I wrote the Bridge, but, being a bassist, solo's aren't my expertise, and I like what I wrote as a third verse now..... I'm gonna take a shot at writing one in between the second chorus and the third verse, and, if that fails, I'll ask my guitarist to do it.

Edit: Made an attempt, it'll be uploaded in a second.
Last edited by herby190 at Jun 28, 2009,
It was alright, but you can only do so much with power chords.
I didn't like the key change from the verse to the chorus. When it went from the chorus into the verse the key change wasn't so bad. As for the solo, it started good, then bar 43 came up and ruined it IMO. Bar 43 and 46 were both out of key, other than that, it was a good solo that fit the song perfectly.
I think you need to focus on two things: 1. keeping the entire song in one key, and 2. a little more creativity (every single part of the song except for the solo was completely composed power chords).

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1152645
Last edited by Veil Of Osiris at Jun 29, 2009,
Get your guitarist to write the solo

Anyway, it's simplistic, but for the most part it works.

I can't say I'm totally crazy about the chorus. The chords you've chosen are vaguely uncomfortable to listen to. Also, to be honest the chorus doesn't really sound or feel like a chorus, it feels like a new verse with different chords. You need to kinda do something to differentiate it from the verses, instead of just playing a new chords with the same pattern.

The bottom line though is your vocals will make or break this song. Great vocals with a great melody will make it a winner. Bad vocals... well you get the idea

C4C links are in my sig
Quote by icronic
Get your guitarist to write the solo

Anyway, it's simplistic, but for the most part it works.

I can't say I'm totally crazy about the chorus. The chords you've chosen are vaguely uncomfortable to listen to. Also, to be honest the chorus doesn't really sound or feel like a chorus, it feels like a new verse with different chords. You need to kinda do something to differentiate it from the verses, instead of just playing a new chords with the same pattern.

The bottom line though is your vocals will make or break this song. Great vocals with a great melody will make it a winner. Bad vocals... well you get the idea

C4C links are in my sig

Alright, thanks. I just moved, and I'm waiting for my computer to get here (this one doesn't have Guitar Pro), so I can't C4C yet, but I'll make sure to remember.
Yeah, I though it was too simple and straight forward without vocals. As an instrumental it just doesn't have much that would hold interest for me sorry. Your bass is also very simple; following only bass notes makes it pretty boring imo.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.