So, I left for the weekend, and i come home, and my parents got me a new amp at a garage sale, paid five bucks for it. I go in my room to look at it, and its a Peavey Rage 158, I knew it would be a upgrade from my brothers Squier SP-10.

Came with two 10ft(?) cables, Not sure what brand.

I'd like to know a little more about this amp, as i cant find anything about it after a quick google.

Any Help would be appreciated, thanks!
Child of the Fence and Guitar n00b.
I have one and they're decent practice amps.

I mean, it's no tube amp or anything but from all the cheap 15W SS practice amps I've played, I've enjoyed my Peavey the most.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Well, I have one...but i'm not sure what you want to know about it.

It's a little practice amp, just like any other one. It's fine if you're playing in your room quietly.
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Well, Im still learning. So in my bedroom quietly is nice :p

Basically i wanna know how you guys think it is.
Last edited by Dilpickle1 at Jun 28, 2009,
Quote by dudetheman
I have one and they're decent practice amps.

I mean, it's no tube amp or anything but from all the cheap 15W SS practice amps I've played, I've enjoyed my Peavey the most.

+1

I borrowed my friends for a couple weeks, and stacked it against the cheap frontman 15 watter I have and I liked it more, way better distortion for sure.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
For 5 bucks its hard to beat. It is much more reliable than some other brands such as spider or MGs. Ive had 1 for 3 or 4 years. Doesnt get much use now that I have a tube amp.
Quote by acdclandon
+1

I borrowed my friends for a couple weeks, and stacked it against the cheap frontman 15 watter I have and I liked it more, way better distortion for sure.

Yep, the distortion is surprising for such a small/cheap amp. It still has that very "Peavey-ish" tone (you know what I mean) but it's nice.

The clean tone also isn't bad if you EQ it correctly.

All in all, I'd say you got a helluva deal, TS. I paid 50 bucks for my Rage and I consider that a value, so that should make you feel pretty thankful towards your parents.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
i've had one for 6-7 years. Nothing to special. Cleans are decent, but i thought the distortion was lacking (maybe it blew it from playing to loud)
My Gear
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic DG-22 Ebony
Bugera 6262 combo
Blackheart Little Giant Half-stack
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Quote by BobDetroit
Did you hug your mom? Go hug your mom. Your parents rock.

Step-dad had the idea of buying it.

Also, Can anyone recommend me some good settings for the eq?