I've been listening to Joe Satriani and John Petrucci lately, and I'm interested in guitarists who play like...Down, Down, Down by Joe Satriani...blues guitar, I don't know what you'd call it.

Any guitarist ideas? Or bands, as long as they have blues guitar :O

Appreciate in advance.
Listen to a hell of a lot of Jeff Beck.

Srsly.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by dgme92

Srsly.

+1.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Lil Wayne has some decent chops, bro.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Quote by Dwight Schrute
Lil Wayne has some decent chops, bro.

? Seriously? He asks for blues guitarists, and you suggest lil wayne?
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Rory Gallagher. Or theres that Back Door Slam band, they're pretty awesome,
both blues rock, never heard the song you mentioned though.

"Intense yet intricate" Scottish melodeath band, who have been reviewed live by Terrorizer, Metalgigs and Valkyrian Music in the past year

Get our debut EP Helveien, for free download.
Quote by g_tab_man

? Seriously? He makes a Lil Wayne joke and you think he's serious?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by g_tab_man

That's like criticizing somebody for suggesting Celine Dion when asked for a list of Canada's greatest accomplishments.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Down Down Down i thought was a statu Quo song, opr they had a song called that anyway.They had a good blues rock thing, bit lighter maybe than others but good. Hendrix, Cream/some clapton solo work, Zeppelin had a lot of heavy blues tracks (Lemon song, nobody's fault but mine), ZZ top (essential if you like blues rock guitar, the groove in thier songs is awesome, eg. Tush), SRV, George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Savoy Brown and some Thin Lizzy and Gary Moore if you like rockie blues as well.

Don't forget the old original bluesmen such as Albert King, Buddy Guy, Albert Collins, The other two kings (BB and Freddie), Robert Johnson, Blind lemon Jefferson, Lightning hopkins, Muddy Waters, Hound Dog Taylor, and a heap of others, wlecome o the wonderful world of blues and blues/rockguitar!
Quote by The Kreator
If you like Satriani, then listen to Coldplay. They sound very similar.

<.<

>.>

No. Bad.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by g_tab_man

Well Lil Wayne is/was a bluesman, he came from the streets- and it is called "rhythm and blues"- you can't say he doesn't have rhythm.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

I'm not a fan of Zeppelin, I used to like a little bit of Gary Moore...but then I got bored of him and moved onto Steve Vai. Then I moved onto Joe Satriani, and I think that that's the kind of music I'm lookin' for.

Lil Wayne...no thanks. Coldplay...no thanks.

Haven't listened to a lot of Albert King, so I can't judge, but I've listened to plenty of classic rock. I think that Layla (Unplugged) by Eric Clapton is a great song. ZZ Top is okay, but not quite what I'm lookin' for. Never heard of Tony Iommi, so I guess I'll check him out along with Jeff Beck.
eric clapton. bb king. robert johnson. stevie ray vaughn
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
(Invalid img)

bustin out a 12 bar blues solo

rockin the house - and doin it sitting- the epitome of the bluesman is storytelling so what better way, right?

BB King is a legend too- I'd say after Lil Wayne he is probably my second favorite bluesman
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Quote by YeeaaaahBuddy
I'm not a fan of Zeppelin, I used to like a little bit of Gary Moore...but then I got bored of him and moved onto Steve Vai. Then I moved onto Joe Satriani, and I think that that's the kind of music I'm lookin' for.

Lil Wayne...no thanks. Coldplay...no thanks.

Haven't listened to a lot of Albert King, so I can't judge, but I've listened to plenty of classic rock. I think that Layla (Unplugged) by Eric Clapton is a great song. ZZ Top is okay, but not quite what I'm lookin' for. Never heard of Tony Iommi, so I guess I'll check him out along with Jeff Beck.

your a NAZI

no but id go with Jeff Beck
Quote by The Kreator
If you like Satriani, then listen to Coldplay. They sound very similar.

Heh, its funny because there is a legal issue
Quote by wyldething

NO WAY!

That totally wasn't the whole basis of the entire joke!
Quote by wyldething

Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Quote by The Kreator
NO WAY!

Quote by dgme92

Srsly.

+1
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by The Kreator
NO WAY!

Dan Auerbach of the Black Keys is great, Buddy Guy, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Kris Lager, Albert and B.B. King, Muddy Waters, and Derek Trucks is an amazing slide guitarist.... These guys are all great electric bluesmen.

If you want more acoustic or delta blues stuff, then Son House, Robert Johnson, Bob Dylan, Howlin' Wolf, and Blind Willie McTell are excellent.
Quote by The Kreator
NO WAY!

You obviously didn't get his joke. Fool.
Quote by jsnate
Quote by jsnate
Quote by jsnate
You obviously didn't get his joke. Fool.

and you quoted a quote within another quote
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by Dwight Schrute
Well Lil Wayne is/was a bluesman, he came from the streets- and it is called "rhythm and blues"- you can't say he doesn't have rhythm.

want a bluesman to listen to? Look up john lee hooker or son house. Lil wayne is a joke
Quote by DirtyMakik
and you quoted a quote within another quote

To see if I could. lol