As I'm gonna be modding my Strat, I'm having a hard time deciding which bridge pickup to get. The guitar is gonna be placed in Drop C, so I want something that can be good for rhythm and solos. I was thinking of one of these:

-Steve Morse Bridge
-DiMarzio Super 3
-DiMarzio D Sonic
-DiMarzio Crunch Lab
-SD Blackout
-DiMarzio D-Activator

But if you think you have something that'd suit me better, post it. Thanks.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Last edited by Snake™ at Jul 3, 2009,
I've got a Fender HM Strat that came stock with a Super 3 in the bridge, and I love the sound I get from it. Personally I'd go for that if you want a more GnR crunch.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
bumping this. New needs. :/

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
blackout seems to be a decent choice except for your amp and the fact that your other pickups will also need to be actives. anyway what's your budget in case their are other recommendations.
If you can afford it, go for a Bareknuckle Nailbomb. I'm also using a DiMarzio Tone Zone in my Jackson's bridge right now, and I love its output. Keep in mind the D-Activator (or active pups in general) will generally have a higher output, so take that into consideration.
Quote by Avedas
If you can afford it, go for a Bareknuckle Nailbomb. I'm also using a DiMarzio Tone Zone in my Jackson's bridge right now, and I love its output. Keep in mind the D-Activator (or active pups in general) will generally have a higher output, so take that into consideration.

The D-Activator is passive.
I'd go a D-Sonic/Crunch Lab (they're pretty much the same, Crunch Lab is just a tweaked D-Sonic)
Quote by littlephil
The D-Activator is passive.

Yes I know, but it's meant to sound active, so I was just letting him know.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
blackout seems to be a decent choice except for your amp and the fact that your other pickups will also need to be actives. anyway what's your budget in case their are other recommendations.

Up to $160 (for both bridge and neck, which in the neck I'm going PAF Pro).

• Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I actually just picked up a strat today that has a Tone Zone in the bridge, and I'd definitely consider that as an option. It's got a HUGE sound to it and sounds pretty awesome for both rhythm and lead work.

Pretty much any of those would probably be good though. Depends what you're going for. If you want as much bite as possible from the pickup, you might want to go with something like the D-sonic. Ceramic magnets are good for that.
- Gibson Flying V 120 #1 (White)
- Gibson Flying V 120 #2 (Cherry)
- Gibson SG Standard ('61 style)
- Jackson DK2M

- ENGL Fireball 60

- Many pedals, plus other stuff
The Nailbombs will be very nice, but if the TS is not keen to drop that much money on pups... I'd suggest either the D Activator or the D Sonic... both of which are very versatile pups.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.