well it depends

we need your

playing styles
current gear
budget
ect..
Quote by metaldud536
...I mean if indians stood naked in front of me, i couldn't tell if they're hispanic or native american. unless they put on clothes

At first he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you, man. No homo

But then, he was like...
Quote by Twistedrock
I love you even more now. Slightly homo
I got an ibanez SA 260FM. Cost me about $650 canadian. If i were you i'd get that online. you could easily get it cheaper somewhere. Pretty good guitar.
IMO its one of the fixed bridge RGs. in that price range, those RGs are the same guitars with a different finish and crappy pickups.

dont get a non-prestige RG with a trem because the trem is sh*t. the SZ's are good, but the specs on the RG's are better. i really dont care for the ART series. The SA's are basically SZ's with a vintage trem.

If you want a trem, you can just get along with the SA's, or save for an S, with the ZR trem.

IDK about solidbodies, so i can't rate those.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Jun 28, 2009,
i'm not sure if its the best, but i am hoping to get the RG321MH soon. all i can spend is $300 on a guitar, and that seem to be my best option. but i'm sure there are better ones closer to the $500 mark.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by JKMV11
i'm not sure if its the best, but i am hoping to get the RG321MH soon. all i can spend is $300 on a guitar, and that seem to be my best option. but i'm sure there are better ones closer to the $500 mark.

well, as i said (and you can check specs everywhere), most Fixed Bridge Non-Prestige RG's are the same thing with different PU's (they are all crappy, so it wont make a difference) and a different finish (some have maple tops, wich look cooler and make the sound better, according to most guys). the necks and bodies are the same in most of them.

Dont get an RG with trem if you dont have enought for a Prestige.

TO THE GUY ABOVE ME: Dude, that guitar was really f*cking awesome. Dunno why you are seeling it, but luck

BTW, wasn't there a rule about not promoting your own ebay links? Or was it just for the Classifieds section?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Last edited by ldnovelo at Jun 28, 2009,
The RG321 is a really good one, bad pickups, but get some real ones into it, and it'll scream like a beast! Works for me!
Gear:
2011 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2012 Tanglewood TW170

Boss Katana 100w 1x112
Line 6 HD500
Quote by wyldelife
The RG321 is a really good one, bad pickups, but get some real ones into it, and it'll scream like a beast! Works for me!

ya, i'm going to switch the stocks to SD Blackouts or something like that. i have EMGs, so i want to experiment a bit. i like the finish on the guitar too.
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but is the Ibanez RG350ex a good guitar? My price range is around 300-400$ and I really want a Floyd rose trem. (Well it's an edge but all the reviews says it's really good.) The reviews say that it's really good guitar and I'm thinking of getting it. It might be one for the OP to look at also.
Edge IIIs wear out quickly, but properly set up they work fine.

I like my ORM, it was $360 CAD. I'd argue it's the best Ibanez in that range, it's just super simple.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by kickasspats
Sorry to hijack the thread a bit, but is the Ibanez RG350ex a good guitar? My price range is around 300-400$ and I really want a Floyd rose trem. (Well it's an edge but all the reviews says it's really good.) The reviews say that it's really good guitar and I'm thinking of getting it. It might be one for the OP to look at also.

no. the Edge 3 is sh*t. After 2 months of kinda using it, it will begin to get out of tune and stuff, and then it will just stop working. It isn't worth it.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

Quote by ldnovelo
no. the Edge 3 is sh*t. After 2 months of kinda using it, it will begin to get out of tune and stuff, and then it will just stop working. It isn't worth it.

Seriously? The reviews are sayign that they have had it for a year and it works fine. I might have to reconsider... If I look for a trem like that is an original floyd rose the way to go?
hardtail : rg321
floyd rose: s series, rg5xx/7xx

and the edge III is okay but thankfully the saving grace is that it is a direct replacement with an OFR or so i hear, or maybe it was the gotoh i'm not too sure you'd best check it up if you do want to purchase the 350 just for when you want/need to change the bridge.
The cheapest new Ibanez with a good trem is the Ibanez S320 http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503#new

If you can go used you can look for a Rg550 on ebay they usually go for around $450.

The Edge III trem isn't as bad as people make it out be. The only problem with it is that it wears out in a year or so...you could always replace the trem with a OFR or Gotoh or even a Edge when it wears off.
Aliadiere - sadly has more syllables than goals this season."
Setanta commentator during Newcastle-Middlesbrough. .