Page 1 of 2
I'm walking through the store and looking at some overdrive pedals. I plug into a Marshall stack just for fun to jam around. I'm rocking out and I look to my left and I see a salesmen talking to a foreign man from japan. He didn't speak English very well. The salesman was such a dick. The guy said he wanted a really nice tube amp and one with a really good tone. The salesman goes I have a great amp and it has an unbelievable tone. I watch him and he takes him over to the spider III 150 watt. The salesman does not let him play the amp and instead he plays it. He shows him all of the effects. At this point I'm interested. The customer says he doesn't really like it but the salesman keeps playing. Anyways the salesman said i'll throw in a channel switching footswitch for free which is $100. WHAT!!! Anyways the guy thinks it's a good deal and ends up buying the amp. It just shows how guitar center people are jerks somestimes. I don't have a great amp by i'm not into serious gigging. I don't have the cash to spend. The customer had allot of cash To spend and still fell for guitar centers tricks. When I was walking down the aisle they were all out of peavey and buyers amps but had a whole row of spider III. They were trying to get rid of them.
its business, they want to sell them to make profit.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
You know GC employees work on commision right?
Quote by jackbauer
playing by yourself is like masturbating, sure it feels great, but it's nothing compared to the real deal.

Quote by guylee
Oh Shit! I Have A Weird Growth On My Body!

To The Pit!

JOIN MY GROUP plox

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/tonelife/
Funny thing I saw today in GG&A is that this thread has absolutely nothing to do with the title.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
The buyer just let himself be manipulated. Plus, if he couldn't tell apart a "nice tube amp" from a spider III, then he won't even notice the difference.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by USAPeavey

if i were a gc employee id try to get the customer to blow all his money on a pricey amp as opposed to a chepa spider

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Funny how you are the same person who just bought a Raven amp.

You didn't listen to us tell you how that was a bad choice, and now you rant about how some GC employee didn't stop when the guy said he didn't like it.
Quote by intentionsthere
Guitar stores in general have a pretty interesting awesome dude/total jerk, contrast going on.

Sales people as well as clientele.
Well he got a free $100 footswitch, the one with the 4 pedals for Suck, Crap, Bad and Worse.
Quote by intentionsthere
Guitar stores in general have a pretty interesting awesome dude/total jerk, contrast going on.

I totally disagree, You're generilasing the fact that guitar store's salesmen are jerks, however that applies almost only to GC
Quote by Sguit
I totally disagree, You're generilasing the fact that guitar store's salesmen are jerks, however that applies almost only to GC

I've never been to GC (don't live in the states), and In my life I've never had a negative encounter with a guitar store employee, but I've seen some of them be jerks with other customers. In general though, guitar store employees are awesome. And to the guy who said the ratio was true for customers as well, I couldn't agree more.
Last edited by intentionsthere at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by USAPeavey

'tis true. My mom bought my brother and I amps for christmas and said the sales guy was so happy because he got commission on a vox ac30 and a blues jr and made like 200 some dollars.
GC employees have it much worse than simple commission. They are required to meet quotas for both certain amounts of many and certain companies product. My first month working there I was required to sell $10000 in Fender gear, and a total of $20000. I got commission on top of a small salary that was based on my meeting quotas. If I didn't make quota, my salary portion decreased.
^ yeah, i've heard stuff like that before. that sucks, it pretty much guarantees that the sales assistants will have to do ethically questionable things just to keep their jobs.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
There is also a higher commisson percentage on some brands then others.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
very likely. it just strikes me as a kind of short-sighted way to run a business, y'know? how many people are going to come back when they've realised they've been gipped? and being gipped by a loose cannon or maverick is one thing; being gipped when the company policy more or less demands such behaviour from the sales staff is another.

Never been a fan of commission, to be honest. It's not just GC which it hurts, either.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The employees are probably trying to get rid of the spiders because they are tired of all the hxc 14 year olds coming in and playing on them.
DOESN'T REALLY CARE ABOUT RON WILSON
i hope i get to open my own guitar store some day

a store i can run, with no mgs, spiders or jerk-off salesmen.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by TDS
The employees are probably trying to get rid of the spiders because they are tired of all the hxc 14 year olds coming in and playing on them.

>.>
<.<
im 14........
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
>.>
<.<
im 14........

Do mommy and daddy know you're on the interwebs?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
^^ im 15

and i wasnt a line6 fan ever, let alone when i was 14.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Do mommy and daddy know you're on the interwebs?

si senor
feel free to add me
btw, WTF!!...

your avatar makes me lol everytime i see one of your posts

its so random.

pedobeard ftw.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by mr_hankey
But are you hxc?

well almost all my clothes are black and my hair is almost in my eyes........ but i dont cut myself
feel free to add me
dood jonlajoie is so damn epic.

subscription ftw

been subscribed to him for over a year now.

rapist glasses ftw.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
well almost all my clothes are black and my hair is almost in my eyes........ but i dont cut myself

my hair is about mid-back length...

and im proud of it.

i have longer hair than my girlfriend.

i think that should be a group.

the 'i have longer hair than my girlfriend group'.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Off topic arn't we? I'm not so sure all GC guy's are jerks, but they are certainly polite scam artists... The same guy keeps trying to sell me some Line 6 pedals... And I'm just like... Go away.
My Rig-
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncans) {My Baby ^_^}
-Fender Frontman 212R
-Boss DS-1
-Boss MD-2
-Boss Noise Gate
luckily, i know the guys in machinehead, ive known them for years.

theyve never steered me wrong with anything.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by RisingFreedom09
Off topic arn't we? I'm not so sure all GC guy's are jerks, but they are certainly polite scam artists... The same guy keeps trying to sell me some Line 6 pedals... And I'm just like... Go away.

Line6 pedals are ok.
feel free to add me
If you want paperthin distortion maybe... They're too digital for my taste.
My Rig-
-Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Duncans) {My Baby ^_^}
-Fender Frontman 212R
-Boss DS-1
-Boss MD-2
-Boss Noise Gate
Quote by RisingFreedom09
If you want paperthin distortion maybe... They're too digital for my taste.

the DL4 is a great pedal
the Echopark and the Verbzilla are ok pedals too.
feel free to add me
unless its a flextone, a POD or a vetta, it is usually to be avoided.

with the exception of the liqua-flange and the echopark,

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Page 1 of 2