vjferrara
1,854 IQ
exactly what is says folks. i just recently moved in to a house and i have a roomy. we have a shed in the backyard that has tin walls and roof. i need to soundproof it. only problem is that my band's budget is next to nothing because we are all college students. a friend of mine told me that egg crates and tar paper works best. i've heard that before but never had to use them so do any of you have success stories? if not, any suggestions?
Last edited by vjferrara at Jun 28, 2009,
Spike6sic6
CobHC
935 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
exactly what is says folks. i just recently moved in to a house and i have a roomy. we have a shed in the backyard that has tin walls and roof. i need to soundproof it. only problem is that my band's budget is next to nothing because we are all college students. a friend of mine told me that egg cartons and tar paper works best. i've heard that before but never had to use them so do any of you have success stories? if not, any suggestions?

Egg cartons.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
exactly what is says folks. i just recently moved in to a house and i have a roomy.

Quote by vjferrara

we have a shed in the backyard that has tin walls and roof.

Quote by vjferrara

i need to soundproof it. only problem is that my band's budget is next to nothing because we are all college students. a friend of mine told me that egg cartons and tar paper works best.

Quote by vjferrara

i've heard that before but never had to use them so do any of you have success stories? if not, any suggestions?

Basically take everything your friend told you and do the opposite...then ask him where he gets his crack.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

vjferrara
1,854 IQ
Quote by Spike6sic6
Egg cartons.

good or bad?

Quote by Dwight Schrute

Basically take everything your friend told you and do the opposite...then ask him where he gets his crack.

how's about something helpful other than saying that my info wouldn't work?
Spike6sic6
CobHC
935 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
good or bad?

Good, from what I've heard.
Quote by MH400
a girl on the interwebz?

You have 2 options.

1. Tits.
2. GTFO.

Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
good or bad?

A tin shed is going to be hopeless man, the sound will reverberate like hell. My advice would be screw some dry wall up into the wall, then get some aluminum siding, put that on the dry wall in spaces and make sure it's about an inch in depth, then put more drywall onto the wall by fastening it to the aluminum siding.

If you put egg cartons and tar paper up it won't only look stupid, it will take forever to acquire what, like 200 egg cartons? Just buy 3 or 4 12 foot pieces of drywall and bam.

Plus, after the dry wall is up you can draw penises, titties, poo bums and vagoo's on it with permanent markers.. it makes for some fun entertainment during breaks.
Quote by xMetalGodx
I'm not quite sure if you were trying to be funny or if you have a learning disability, either way, I was not amused.

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred
you are the best 09er EVER! i am sending you a friend request as soon as i send this

Last edited by Dwight Schrute at Jun 28, 2009,
itchy guitar
Steve
800 IQ
Foambymail.com

Thank me later.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
DirtyMakik
has a cunning plan.
291 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
good or bad?

He told you to do the opposite.
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by archangels666
Old carpets and mattresses.

Or if you can put up some sort of inner wall, fill the gap with sand.

How would you fill a vertical wall with sand? I would love to hear an explanation on this.
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

sandman-105
1,587 IQ
i think ur friend means eggcrates as inthis then go to products
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
vjferrara
1,854 IQ
Quote by archangels666
Old carpets and mattresses.

Or if you can put up some sort of inner wall, fill the gap with sand.

yeah, i'm putting up my mattress and box springs on the raftors. i'm thinking about going to goodwill and getting some old comforters too

Quote by itchy guitar
Foambymail.com

Thank me later.

i thank you now but i've already been there. too expensive. the shed is about 15'x25' and about 15' at it's tallest point

Quote by sandman-105
i think ur friend means eggcrates as inthis then go to products

that's right. my fault. i meant to put crates. i'll fix that
Fenderhippie69
UG Member
480 IQ
i fail to understand this.

why would you want to sound proof a tin shed?
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
vjferrara
1,854 IQ
Quote by Fenderhippie69
i fail to understand this.

why would you want to sound proof a tin shed?

so that we can practice in it. my neighbors are a spit away from me in distance so i am trying to not have the cops called on me
Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
so that we can practice in it. my neighbors are a spit away from me in distance so i am trying to not have the cops called on me

1. invite the neighbors over for a "bbq".

2. kill the neighbors

3. bury them in the basement for the lulz.

4. move into their house and start jamming in it

5. kill all the concerned family, work associates and investigators that come around asking questions.

6. bury the fresh bodies in the basement, again, for the lulz.

7. profit?
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Fenderhippie69
UG Member
480 IQ
Quote by vjferrara

ohh. gotcha.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
vjferrara
1,854 IQ
Quote by Dwight Schrute
1. invite the neighbors over for a "bbq".

2. kill the neighbors

3. bury them in the basement for the lulz.

4. move into their house and start jamming in it

5. kill all the concerned family, work associates and investigators that come around asking questions.

6. bury the fresh bodies in the basement, again, for the lulz.

7. profit?

one of the neighbors is a professor of mine. an actual good one too. one of the few music teachers that hasn't given up on students and actually cares so the "bbq" thing wouldn't work.
no basement.
Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
one of the neighbors is a professor of mine. an actual good one too. one of the few music teachers that hasn't given up on students and actually cares so the "bbq" thing wouldn't work.
no basement.

While reading your response I have to admit I laughed...it's almost as if you considered it and analyzed it point by point.
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

archangels
HAIL SK8N
599 IQ
Quote by Dwight Schrute
How would you fill a vertical wall with sand? I would love to hear an explanation on this.

A vertical wall? No, no, good sir! I meant a horizontal wall.

Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by archangels666
A vertical wall? No, no, good sir! I meant a horizontal wall.

Well what would you call a floor? I walk on my horizontal walls daily..
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Fenderhippie69
UG Member
480 IQ
a sudden thought hit me.

you live with your room mate who you jam with?

if so who needs a living room? make that your place of practice.

Resistance is victory.

Do not sit idly by.
Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
How are you going to get power to the tin shed? A ****load of extention cords and power bars?
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

vjferrara
1,854 IQ
Quote by Dwight Schrute

While reading your response I have to admit I laughed...it's almost as if you considered it and analyzed it point by point.

is it sad that i did?

Quote by Dwight Schrute
How are you going to get power to the tin shed? A ****load of extention cords and power bars?

only 2 extension cords and 2 power strips until i can get power out there

Quote by Fenderhippie69
a sudden thought hit me.

you live with your room mate who you jam with?

if so who needs a living room? make that your place of practice.

i live with a room mate that doesn't jam. sorry if i wasn't clear on that
Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by vjferrara

i live with a room mate that doesn't jam. sorry if i wasn't clear on that

Just make him your drummer then...it's a perfect job for non-musicians
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Gyroscope
UG Senior Member
272 IQ
Quote by Dwight Schrute

icwutudidthar
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
vjferrara
1,854 IQ
Quote by Dwight Schrute

SHE is an art major... wouldn't put her near an instrument
Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
SHE is an art major... wouldn't put her near an instrument

Yeah who ever heard of artists or women being drummers....

Question.

Have you ever put it in her butt?
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Last edited by Dwight Schrute at Jun 28, 2009,
Zoot Allures
UG's Contrarian
2,962 IQ
Quote by Dwight Schrute

reported. Unhelpful spamming up of a valid question.

TS. egg cartons should do the job but anything thats gonna break the sound up or absorb it would help, seriously. Soft fabric. egg cartons and remember to get something soft on the floor to minimize unwanted reverb from that , rugs or carpet would do fine
Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by Zoot Allures

TS. egg cartons should do the job but anything thats gonna break the sound up or absorb it would help, seriously. Soft fabric. egg cartons and remember to get something soft on the floor to minimize unwanted reverb from that , rugs or carpet would do fine

Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

vjferrara
1,854 IQ
Quote by Dwight Schrute
Yeah who ever heard of artists or women being drummers....

Question.

Have you ever put it in her butt?

haven't put it in her butt yet... maybe when i get her drunk though

Quote by Zoot Allures

cool. my roomy actually works at cracker barrel so she is going to get some cartons from there for me. i'll probably use about 300 of them. the floor is dirt so i am putting some tarps down first and then some carpet on top
watchingmefall
Government is hell
1,458 IQ
Quote by Dwight Schrute
Well what would you call a floor? I walk on my horizontal walls daily..

It's not the same a wall has to have rigidity element to counteract the x, y and z momentums and considerations regarding heat, humidity and sound and the passing of instalations in a vertical and horizontal manner without forgetting the vertical striaghtening elements. Floors apply some of the same concepts but the rigid element are disposed in the manner of a net instead of regular steel rods or wooden bars.
Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
haven't put it in her butt yet... maybe when i get her drunk though

Interesting..so you said "yet" implying you have indeed put it in her vagoo. Was it nice?
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Quote by watchingmefall
It's not the same a wall has to have rigidity element to counteract the x, y and z momentums and considerations regarding heat, humidity and sound. Floors apply some of the same concepts but the rigid element are disposed in the manner of a net instead of regular steel rods or wooden bars.

Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

vjferrara
1,854 IQ
Quote by Dwight Schrute
Interesting..so you said "yet" implying you have indeed put it in her vagoo. Was it nice?

it was quite enjoyable. she has red hair upstairs and down there... quite enjoyable
Dwight Schrute
One of teh brahs
130 IQ
Oh snap..Captain Internets is back in the pit?
Quote by xMetalGodx

He is not amused.
Quote by abdulalhazred

Fat-bastard0603
Clash lover
638 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
it was quite enjoyable. she has red hair upstairs and down there... quite enjoyable

Pics.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

chea_man
no more record deal
1,689 IQ
NOTHING you will get for cheap will "sound proof" your shed. it might absorb some high frequencies, but it will deflect most sounds. your not just going to "get rid" of excess sounds. plus if your shed is anything like every other shed ive ever seen, it will most likely act as a giant vibrating membrane that will work to spread your sound out over your entire neighborhood.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
vjferrara
1,854 IQ
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Pics.

post pics so you can wank and i get banned from ug? that would be a negative ghost rider

Quote by chea_man
NOTHING you will get for cheap will "sound proof" your shed. it might absorb some high frequencies, but it will deflect most sounds. your not just going to "get rid" of excess sounds. plus if your shed is anything like every other shed ive ever seen, it will most likely act as a giant vibrating membrane that will work to spread your sound out over your entire neighborhood.

that is a problem. what i was hoping to do after i fix all of the holes in the shed was tar paper the inside of it. the entire inside including the roof. that way there will be minimal vibration. if i have to do 2 layers i will. tar paper isn't that expensive and is usually half an inch to an inch thick. then i was going to put anything i can find up over the tar paper. ie: egg cartons, comforters, and etc... hopefully that will kill most of the sound
Fat-bastard0603
Clash lover
638 IQ
Quote by vjferrara
post pics so you can wank and i get banned from ug? that would be a negative ghost rider

I never said post nude pics of her.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más