so i have a tube amp and today i was in a rush and i confused the standby button with the power button and flicked the power botton while standby was still on and the tubes hadnt like cooled down yet, i turned it on again and re did the process correctly and it sounded good, thought im afraid of some hidden damage or long term damage
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
if you did it just once it not so bad.. well its bad but it wont kill your amp
its worst to just turn it on without stand by
Gear:
LTD MH-1000
Ibanez RG350EX
ibanez GSA60
Line 6 Spider III 30W
Peavey ValveKing 112
Boss GE-7 EQ
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Digitech RP350
Quote by barcelona_rov
if you did it just once it not so bad.. well its bad but it wont kill your amp
its worst to just turn it on without stand by

a
re u supposed to flick both switches at the same time?

heres my turn on/turn off procces

power on switch>30 seconds>standby switch
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
that's overkill IMO.

you won't damage your amp if you turn it straight on without waiting.

what might wear out the tubes a bit is turning it straight on and playing at really high volumes without giving you tubes time to warm up at least a little bit. But even then it probably won't do any significant damage.

tube amps aren't as fragile as some people seem to think they are. not to mention some don't even have standby switches.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
really? cuz lots of folks in the GG&A told me when i got my amp if i didnt follow that procedure my amp would die real soon
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
keep doing the 30 second pause, it'll give your tubes time to warm up. What I'm saying is that if you do something like switch it on without going through the pause, all you need to do is show some self restraint and not play immediately and at high volumes.

overkill was probably the wrong word, but it's not the end of the world if you don't leave your amp on standby for 30 seconds before switching it on fully.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
....there's nothing funny about that mate.

i found it minimally amusing
My Fun Guitars
Fender Strat
Ibanez Rg-320

My Junk Guitars
Hondo II acoustic
Yamaha F-310
Jay Turser Les paul knock off of doom
Well, considering Ed mcmahon, fara fawcet, michael jackson, and billy mays all died within three days, i wouldnt be surprised.
There have been plenty of tube amps that came without standby switches. I had a 60s era ampeg that still worked after all these years without benefit of standby. Turning it on its best to let the tubes warm up on standby but it wont blow up if you dont. And turning it off isnt really an issue, the tubes dont need to stay warm if your turning it off.
Quote by Tackleberry
There have been plenty of tube amps that came without standby switches. I had a 60s era ampeg that still worked after all these years without benefit of standby. Turning it on its best to let the tubes warm up on standby but it wont blow up if you dont. And turning it off isnt really an issue, the tubes dont need to stay warm if your turning it off.

Tube amps without a standby switch have a different mechanism (a big cap, actually) that allows the tubes to warm up without straining them immediately.

Here's some further reading about tube amps: http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/
Awesome site if you wanna know more about them.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Kanthras
Tube amps without a standby switch have a different mechanism (a big cap, actually) that allows the tubes to warm up without straining them immediately.

Here's some further reading about tube amps: http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/
Awesome site if you wanna know more about them.

Not necessarily. My BRAVO112 has no standby either and has a normal power supply too.(I know, I have the schematic for it). Standby was created to allow you to have your amp quiet but still allow the filaments in the tubes heated. Contrary to popluar belief, tubes can't conduct till the filaments are sufficiently heated, so turning on your amp and trying to play right away simply means you'll have no output till the tubes are warmed up.
Moving on.....