Hey check out my band. pretty chill music for the most part. some of the mixing got messed up but the recordings still turned out decent. Any general feedback would be appreciated (although constructive criticism would be best).

also make sure to check out the album art, just did it today real quick...its just a rough version

Music : www.myspace.com/apenatural

Art: http://img25.imageshack.us/i/apee.jpg/

thanks all
Last edited by MattsRichardson at Jun 28, 2009,
Very nice stuff. Don't hear much stuff like that these days, which is good. Not a big fan of the vocals, but the music is awesome.
Quote by Jaymz2K
Very nice stuff. Don't hear much stuff like that these days, which is good. Not a big fan of the vocals, but the music is awesome.

yea well the vocals sound a whole lot better live trust me, we really screwed up on the recordings...and it doesnt help that our vocalist had like just woken up when we recorded a couple of them lol. but thanks bro
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
i thought the music was very good but i didn't really like the vocals that much
Think - A pleasant song. Nice that the vocals have a wide register, gives the piece more variety considering the guitar,piano,drums are very repetitive. Vocal melodies are nice, but the singer does sound like he needed to warm up abit more before recording!

Not sure about the middle 8 syncopated section, doesn't seem to flow very well. Again here the vocals could be stronger.

Perhaps you could return to a final Chorus before the end. It would give the piece a more, perhaps on the last repetition of the chord progression in the 'ska section', have a little cadenza and build into a final chorus. Hell it would be a little cheesy, but if arranged correctly, it would flow really nicely!
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
Quote by maisey ferret
Think - A pleasant song. Nice that the vocals have a wide register, gives the piece more variety considering the guitar,piano,drums are very repetitive. Vocal melodies are nice, but the singer does sound like he needed to warm up abit more before recording!

Not sure about the middle 8 syncopated section, doesn't seem to flow very well. Again here the vocals could be stronger.

Perhaps you could return to a final Chorus before the end. It would give the piece a more, perhaps on the last repetition of the chord progression in the 'ska section', have a little cadenza and build into a final chorus. Hell it would be a little cheesy, but if arranged correctly, it would flow really nicely!

ha thanks.. but im not sure what "middle 8 syncopated section" you are talking about. keep in mind i only know very basic music theory lol. oh and i think you mean reggae when you say ska...similar but different. no worries though
Quote by alexcp94
i thought the music was very good but i didn't really like the vocals that much

yea the vocals are much better live imo