Hi there,

I am a bass player who has been playing for coming up on six years now, my current rig is an Ampeg 410HLF cab with a older model GK 700 RB head(which i got off a dope for $200 =] ). I mainly play in worship settings or at churches; but i also like to play indie/ambient/post-rock on the side. Now for the halp, BASICALLY i am very pleased with the sound of my HLF but i have a feeling that the RB just aint cutting it (it has peaked out a few times and its tone is very limited)...when i got the amp i planned on it being a something that i quickly sold back at a higher profit so i could get what i really wanted....that was 2 years ago. So here i am still pondering and looking for something thats loud and has good tone but isnt going to blow the HLF 410. Any ideas?! my budget is under a $1000 for a head. i have looked at everything from an ampeg pro 4 to more recently a Bugera BTX36000 The Nuke. Also i have thought about getting an 8x10 or just another HLF? Any and all help is appreciated thank you for your time!

.:side note:. how is that face embarrassed?
you have obviously never been embarrassed an constipated...

heads for under 1000? eden makes a few that are under 1000. eden-electronics.com

a second hand trace elliot maybe? craigslist anyone? aha

uhh i hear good things about ampeg. only played a few. but i mean pairin up an ampeg head and cab im sure would sound ill
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Yes Bugera is owned by Behringer and I would avoid it at all costs. If you like the tone of the GK, why not go for the 1001 RB. Its a great amp and you can get them cheap through rmcaudio.com
what a waste of a perfectly good sig.
:QUOTE:

"BASICALLY i am very pleased with the sound of my HLF but i have a feeling that the RB just aint cutting it (it has peaked out a few times and its tone is very limited)"

more bluntly i dont like the tome of the 700 RB.

however thank you for letting me know that behringer owns bugera that is a big help...i will not be purchasing one.
The relationship between Bugera and Behringer is kind of a gray area. the research,quality control, and research and development sections are run by totally different people. And they are built in a different factory, still chinese though. Some people think of it as a way for Behringer to try again...I know the guitar amps sound great. they had some quality issues at first but that came around pretty quickly. Though, I don't think anyone on here has had any experience with bugera bass amps.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Quote by Revelation
I don't think anyone on here has had any experience with bugera bass amps.

Be a pioneer TS .
I've been really interested to hear a Bugera bass amp for a while now after all the hype the guitar amps get.
^ They're not good. That nuke thing is a copy of an Ampeg SVT2, but cheaper(in a bad way) and muddier...
Nope, no sig here.