So firstly, my band is comprised of school friends. We get along great and all that jazz. All of us are leading equally and contribute equally. Ok . . .

1) We don't have a name. I've tried generators (The Starving Furniture Collection kicks a$$) but they hate those names. We currently are using one that belongs to a San Diego group (we never knew so we had to drop a letter). I'm looking at this section for some help. Some things we've come up with:

Rustic Nation
Apes of Wrath (Drop the 'W' to not copy that S.D. band)
The Adventures of Crooked Kid
The Starving Furniture Collection
Rising Impact (O.K., that was our name for a day. Majority vote, aka my 1 didn't count against it)

Well, those are the main ones . . . so we need help there

2) So we are to try out at a battle of the bands. They were saying how great an opportunity this is to get rep, so naturally, I made arrangements. I was going away the day of the audition, so I wasted $300.00 to change a flight to get the information, after I payed, our drummer couldn't make it due to camping. I'm like W.T.F. We have a back up drummer- a kid I don't particularly like at all. I told my dad I'll quit since I can't keep throwing away money (there have been numerous close calls with me having to pay extra to reschedule something or go buy something), and join my other friend's band, which sucks balls (bunch of noobies to instruments), but they need a bassist (I'm our guitarist currently, but can play bass).

3) Kinda going on from 2, but I want to record. We haven't recorded yet, which I find really dumb, but they won't oblige. One might have baseball, another doesn't want to miss football practice, another might be somewhere. They can't take an afternoon off to record. While, even though I'm trying out for the soccer team (we are Freshmen), I would miss a practice, explain to the coach, and go. I have commitment, but they don't (though our bassist is next as a natural musician. It's his life).

4) We rarely practice. They can't schedule around so we can practice for the b.o.t.b. (in 2 weeks, and last time we practiced was in May). They are blaming me because I went on a trip that's been planned for a while, yet they can't come because of "camping" or "football" or simply "I'm having a crappy week" (yes, that was an excuse that delayed us a week). This is bull$hit.

I don't know if I should quit, if I should pursue my solo "band" (I was starting a few years ago. I can start it back up again), join my other friend's band, or what. And if the ironic chance my band mates are active on these forums, never hurts for others input, does it?
I see no reason to stay in it, honestly. It seems like all risk and no reward, as it were. They make you reschedule things and make you change things, yet they won't, but they'll hassle you if you don't. They sound like a bunch of twats. Do your own thing.
Demolition hands.... Got 'em!
Quote by merfsullivan
I see no reason to stay in it, honestly. It seems like all risk and no reward, as it were. They make you reschedule things and make you change things, yet they won't, but they'll hassle you if you don't. They sound like a bunch of twats. Do your own thing.

We have practice Tuesday, see how it goes. I already threatened to quit. The only problem is, there aren't many bands up here where I live, and not much vocal talent. Our singer is like one in a million here. He has a good voice. But yeah, that don't do squat . . .