Page 1 of 2
i saw a parade of like (5-6)dumbass kids breaking guitar down the street.
I wanted to kill each one of those dumbasses.!
every seem this or done this???
If u have why???
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
It's fun. No one ever breaks anything of worth anyway.

EDIT: Besides that guy ^

But then again, big time musicians can afford to do it.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
I once had a really ****ty, broken, horrible acoustic guitar, so I smashed it with my friend.

The playground of the world
I guess they realized guitar takes time and practice so they smashed them, upset they didn't just buy weed.
Quote by bendystraw
I guess they realized guitar takes time and practice so they smashed them, upset they didn't just buy weed.

lol nice
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
I accidentally snapped my brother's $20 acoustic from just dropping it like 4-5 feet, and he later smashed it to absolute splinters.

Only way I could smash a guitar. that or if it's absolutely messed up beyond any use anyway.
Well they realized they ahve no musical talents and got angry and you should have went and kicked all they're asses
Quote by TheAmericanRuse
TS obviously doesn't dig The Who.

Again.

+1.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
if i ever get rich, i would buy every first act in a walmart and smash it in the parking lot. so everyone could see how ****ty they are
If a mortal stands before us
Strike him down with sleight of hand.
And if heaven rides against us
Then God himself must be damned.

Computer Science major! Apple enthusiast!
I wear Vibrams and type with Dvorak!

no guitar dies more heroically than one smashed on stage.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by GODhimself37
if i ever get rich, i would buy every first act in a walmart and smash it in the parking lot. so everyone could see how ****ty they are

Then look like a douche when none of them break lol.
Quote by Dog--
Then look like a douche when none of them break lol.

nah they'll snap like twigs. they are light as ****. it feels like they are made of plywood

Destroying a guitar is one of the worst things someone can do. If you don't want it, give it to someone who does.

And this includes Pete Townsend. He can go suck a fat one.
kill all humans
I honestly feel that you should never break instruments, instruments should be played and enjoyed. Even if you can afford to break a guitar and never run out of money, somebody is missing a guitar.
Maybe I'm being sentimental, but having worked with a luthier makes you see instrument differently.
Quote by GODhimself37
nah they'll snap like twigs. they are light as ****. it feels like they are made of plywood

Well, they could either smash up real good or bounce back and hit you in the face..

Believe me..
I broke a guitar once. It was liberating.

The guitar was basically broken anyway, the ground had horrible issues and the pots were shot. It was a beginner guitar that I bought for next to nothing anyway.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
What's with all the posting of Pete from The Kids Are Alright? I love The Who, but why has nobody thrown in Jimi's fiery loving of his guitars?

Anyway, I don't like it when people smash guitars for no reason, but I was shouting "smash, smash!" at the end of the set along with the rest of the crowd when I saw The Who, sof rankly it can be done epically too. But it depends on who's doing it really.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
i want to break my 40 buck electric guitar that I bought 3 years ago when i first wanted to learn how to play. it was so terrible! it was like....5/8 scale or something (i think the rock band guitar is the same size/if not bigger), the bridge is like loose and there's string/fret buzz from open string plucking almost all the way up to 8th frets, had two cable jacks(?) and it had a built-in amp (took a 9v battery, and had a speaker where the soundhole usually is for acoustic guitars) i didnt even know I was in tune then and I thought I was ****ty at guitar so I quit for a whole year, then i finally bought my squier strat.. the 40 buck one has been sittin in a corner in the front room for a year now, i been thinkin bout breakin it as I used it for a facebook profile pic lmao, its its only use so far now
Forever feels retarded in MT forum

-Equipment-
Squier Champ 15
Squier Bullet Stratocaster
-Shopping list-
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
1 guitar cable for that pedal
Quote by Dog--
Well, they could either smash up real good or bounce back and hit you in the face..

Believe me..

lol well if i do get rich enough to do that and it bounces back. ill just hire big ppl to do it for me!

carl edwards....

Even though its ugly, it still took some artist countless hours painting.. and second its a gibson.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
My step brother left his sisters acoustic (it was crap anyway) on the back lawn and it rained overnight.

The neck joint broke and the neck bowed right up. It kinda reminded me of this

MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
Quote by EnyoAdonai
My step brother left his sisters acoustic (it was crap anyway) on the back lawn and it rained overnight.

The neck joint broke and the neck bowed right up. It kinda reminded me of this

FLEX-ABLE!
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by EnyoAdonai

I was amazed at the amount of Steve Vai in this magazine, even when the issue has no article on him, there's tons of pic of him from ads and stuff. But this issue, waw.
funkyducky

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
It's just fun to break stuff. Anything.

I know I'm not the only one here who used to smash his hotwheels with a hammer an Saturday afternoons
Last edited by Oroborous at Jun 29, 2009,
I personally could never destroy an instrument. But there are only few instances where it has ever been artistic. The Who and Jimi Hendrix. After them people started doing it because 'it's cool'. Although, there's no point nowadays.
Crackers! Crackers! But no squeezy cheese!! You've broken my secret elbow!!!
Quote by GODhimself37

That's because they are made of plywood. Open one up and take a look.

EDIT: Why would you want to smash a **** guitar? You can mod it, put better hardware and pickups into it.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Last edited by fender4482 at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by fender4482
That's because they are made of plywood. Open one up and take a look.

EDIT: Why would you want to smash a **** guitar? You can mod it, put better hardware and pickups into it.

the plywood tone would be **** maybe?

Quote by Sinister Waffle
carl edwards....

Even though its ugly, it still took some artist countless hours painting.. and second its a gibson.
GET IT RIGHT, GENIUS

that was not Carl Edwards.

“No, I don’t think so,” Edwards said. “I’ve got a lot of respect for Sam Bass and those people at Gibson that make those beautiful trophies. You definitely will not see me smashing one of them.

Try Kyle Busch.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
if ya paid for it, do whatever the **** ya want with it

and to the people saying its a shame or it could have gone to someone who needed it, surely you dont get as sentimental whenever you throw out food?
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
To me, it's stupid, and even on stage it detracts from the value of the performance.
I know some of my friends have a video where one smashes an acoustic against the head of the other. It was an old acoustic and it's life was probably the same as it's death, there should be a retirement home for some guitars.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Page 1 of 2