http://ondo-phone.eu/

The Ondo is a cell phone with a removable stick in the middle of its screen, which has its own internal memory, microphone, and possibly speakers. This phone allows you to record music (examples given in the video are guitar, drums, and vocals), and jam (in real time?) with anyone in your contacts, regardless of where they are. You can then save the track to the phone and edit it, bending and twisting the center of the phone to warp the audio. There is also a turntable like structure at the bottom of the phone that will presumably act as your primary interface with the phone itself, as well as allow you to mix and scratch the audio.

So, revolution in amateur music creation, or just a gimmick?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen
PlayMadness, you give me hope for mankind.

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Darksucker
*reported* Spaaaaammmmm

I'm sorry, what?
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Society's doing great. There's a rise of people like PlayMadness. I feel pretty good about the way things are going.
Quote by Darksucker
*reported* Spaaaaammmmm

This isn't spam.

Now, returning to the subject... Why would you want that kind of phone? I mean where/why would you even use that?
Quote by PlayMadness
I'm sorry, what?

My apologies, your post was written so coherently I assumed it was direct from the company. On topic: I've never heard of the thing.
Quote by Darksucker
My apologies, your post was written so coherently I assumed it was direct from the company. On topic: I've never heard of the thing.

Yeah, coherency and decent grammar are rare beasts in the Pit. All is understood, all is forgiven
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
I say gimmick.

1. Sound quality - Phones are already below bar. And having one mic for a whole drumset? Doubt it.

2. Aesthetics - Who would honestly carry around a phone that looked like that?

3. Service - Whichever company actually provides service for this thing had better make it affordable. Which is also doubtworthy.
sounds pointless. a good microphone and computer would be a hundred times better. i doubt you would ever use it.

i question why this needs to be a phone at all.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by archangels666
I say gimmick.

1. Sound quality - Phones are already below bar. And having one mic for a whole drumset? Doubt it.

2. Aesthetics - Who would honestly carry around a phone that looked like that?

3. Service - Whichever company actually provides service for this thing had better make it affordable. Which is also doubtworthy.

I would carry a phone that looks like that, because I like how it looks.
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
Quote by PlayMadness
Yeah, coherency and decent grammar are rare beasts in the Pit. All is understood, all is forgiven

PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Yeah, I say gimmick, unless they've REALLY got something up their sleeve in terms of sound quality.
Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Damn, my sig is almost out of room!
Quote by Les_Frederiksen

Quote by Darksucker
PlayMadness - Jesus 2.0

Quote by genghisgandhi
This looks like it will be utterly useless as an actual phone though.

Gear:
Ibanez JPM P100A
Schecter C7 Loomis
Ibanez Rg1570
Agile Intrepid 828 Pro Dual
Schecter Omen FR Extreme
Ibanez RG550 (Fernandez Sustainer)
Laney World Series 120-TR
POD X3 Live