Do I need a volume pedal? I heard about the tubescreamer, is it any any good? I also read about it that it is for solid state amps to emulate real tube overdrive. So would it boost good?
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier HD Multi-Watt
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100MLB
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
yes i read the title and i was going to say tubescreamer before i clicked the thread.
Gibson SG Special Faded(Super Distortion/PAF Pro)
Carvin V3M
Jet City JCA2112RC
Taylor 114e
Ibanez SR300e

Quote by Delanoir
In 60 years, there will still be Opeth.
You know why?
Death ain't got **** on Mikael.
TubeScreamer/GreenScreamer are good choices for pure boost. So is the Sonic Booster.

Buying any kind of tube and or low gain distortion pedal makes an easy booster. Turn down the gain and crank the level/volume for a pure clean boost
Will it run alright through my e-loop, or should I run it straight in?
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Quote by MightySumo
Will it run alright through my e-loop, or should I run it straight in?

Overdrive pedals are meant to run before it.
Not quite sure the difference, please ellaborate.

Its' a pedal...I'd consider putting it in would make it part of the effects loop, and no reason/possibility to use two signals?

I'd put it toward the front of your pedal board.
K, which Tubescreamer should I get? I looked em up and I found a new looking one and an older looking one.
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
Quote by MightySumo
K, which Tubescreamer should I get? I looked em up and I found a new looking one and an older looking one.

I have the TS-9, which is the newer looking one. It works REALLY well.

The TS-808 is also good. Try to play them both if you can and decide for yourself which one you like better!
Cool, thanks for the help everybody
1960 A&B cabs
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Schecter C1+ (modded)
LTD EC-1000vb
Blueridge 160 CE
BOSS | TU-3 | DD-7
Line 6 G-50 wireless
No problem man, have fun with it. I would suggest a DIY way, but your amp probably wouldn't support it nor would you want to take away your amp distortion capabilities.

I don't own a Screamer as is, but you basically can't go wrong new or old. If you like to have a bit of a thicker boost with some tone added get an old one, a more transparent boost would be in the newer ones, if I remember right.

SRV pretty much always had his tubescreamer active when playing and boy it wouldn't have been the same if he just turned his amp up to where the screamer took the volume because of the added flavor of the tone.
I absolutely hate the way Tubescreamers sound through Marshalls.

Get something that is more transparent for a Marshall. Try a Zvex Box of Rock which has a pretty good clean boost circuit, or something similar to the Paul C Timmy overdrive.