Dont know how many of you will care about this, but her goes:

Today in the early morning our president Mel Zelaya was kidnapped by the armed forces of the country and flew him( on his Pjs) to Costa Rica and have now pronounced a the congress president as the new country president.

They cut off the tv only leaving the offcial govt channel, electricity and phone service.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/in_pictures/8123314.stm

Much of the world has condemned the act.

Have any of you heard about this, what do you think?
Last edited by vladimichov at Jun 29, 2009,
I heard about it yeah.

Fair unfortunate. you guys gotta elect a pro-democracy leader who isn't allied with Castro.
Well, If you need a place to bolt, there are plenty of Houndurans (?) near my place!
The Honduran people should decide what they want. Its up to them. Power comes from the ruled rather than the ruler.

So in this essence, I disagree with Z cup. If they want to be allied with Castro, so be it. Its up to the people to decide for themselves.

Of course, I've seen protesting, so I believe the coup is actually opposed by the public. This is going to be a very interesting situation...
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
I love how the response to a call for a supposedly undemocratic referendum is an undemocratic coup.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
Thing is, that he wasnt allied with Castro, altough he gave some unwise declarations, but he was only opening relationships with those countries, and the media here hated him because of that and started spreading this HES A COMMUNIST OMFG WERE GONNA BE SOVIET HONDURAS OR VENEZUELA mk II!!!!stories
lol at french expression
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I don't know all that much about the politics of the region, but that is very unfortunate.
So yeah my plan is going exactly as....

planned.
Blindfolds aside I'd probably still close my eyes

And try to feel a trembling fetal life inside
that shotgun barrel that's about to make me bleed

Like an ulcer in the stomach of the beast

Quote by Aurex
your sarcasam amuses me

CSUSM
Quote by Bubban
I love how the response to a call for a supposedly undemocratic referendum is an undemocratic coup.

Yeah fair enough.
Mainly the reason of this is that he wanted make a referendum, to ask the people if they wanted a new constitution, and the media made it out as if he was wanting to legalize a reelection( which is ilegal here).

Many people here have been protesting since the coup, in the main cities of the country, but they dispersed by the military. The congress even presented a resignation supossedly signed by the president (wtf?) which is clearly fake.

I feel ashamed as our country is coming out as a circus...

I dont know the english word for coup d etat :P
This makes me sort of happy, hopefully Chávez will be next.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

if this makes you happy, then heres hoping it happens to you next.

theres people getting kidnapped, electricity goes on and off, theyve cut off all international news channel.

Today I had a small heroic moment, the referendum was called 4th ballot, and as I was passing by a group of soldiers I started yelling 4th! 4th!, stupid of me I know, one of them came close to me and hit me witht the butt of his rifle, not pleasant.
Quote by vladimichov
if this makes you happy, then heres hoping it happens to you next.

theres people getting kidnapped, electricity goes on and off
, theyve cut off all international news channel.

Today I had a small heroic moment, the referendum was called 4th ballot, and as I was passing by a group of soldiers I started yelling 4th! 4th!, stupid of me I know, one of them came close to me and hit me witht the butt of his rifle, not pleasant.

That happens every day in Venezuela. My best friend doesn't have electricity in his house since saturday, neither does his neighbourhood.

The second thing, happens always when students or other people go on a rally.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Quote by Bubban

How was the proposed referendum undemocratic?
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
That happens every day in Venezuela. My best friend doesn't have electricity in his house since saturday, neither does his neighbourhood.

The second thing, happens always when students or other people go on a rally.

That happens in almost every third world country (exept the cut of international channels which isn't true in Venezuela either)...here in Peru is the same crap
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Last edited by blues-guitarist at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
This makes me sort of happy, hopefully Chávez will be next.

It already happened to Chavez and the people made him come back...
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
How was the proposed referendum undemocratic?

Because it's intention was to reform the constitution, the reform consisted on permitting someone to be re-elected indefinetely as a president.
No muerde, no calla
Sin sangre no hay arte
Nada ni nadie
De nada más

Last edited by Fat-bastard0603 at Jun 29, 2009,
Quote by Fat-bastard0603
Because it's intention was to reform the constitution, the reform consisted on permitting someone to be re-elected indefinetely as a president.

But it would of been unconstitutional only if the president would of implemented the change without aproval...proposing a reform isn't illegal
-Homer Simpson
Quote by Fat-bastard0603

It was just a way of asking the people if they wanted a 4th ballot in which they could vote for a reform in the Constitution, a poll is in no way illegal.
How dare you accuse us of indifference, TS, I care very much about apartheid, thank you very- oh wait...

Yeah, I've heard a couple of stories about this, I know one of the catalysts was over upcoming elections but I don't know the specifics about it.