Okay everyone I have decided to pursue my own build, a simple one pickup shred machine

For pretty big reasons, I have chosen to go with a premade neck for my first build.

Other than that, its all custom.

Specs:
Scale Length: 25.5”
No. of frets: 22
Bolt-on neck, rosewood fretboard
Alder body
Nut width: 1 3/4"
Graphite nut
1 humbucker at bridge (Bareknuckle VHII)
Gotoh Wilkinson v100 tremolo
1 volume pot
Kill switch
locking tuners (schaller minis) are these good tuners?
natural finish, nothing fancy

all hardware is black

Body style is still undecided. I am trying to decide between a telecaster shape or a modified iceman shape without the weird hook thing on the horn.

I chose all these things because i dont think it will be a very difficult first build and i would love to have a unique guitar i made myself(for the most part)

Feel free to give any input on what body style it should be and some opinions on the headstock shape as well.
I like the idea of a reverse ibanez but im buying this neck from warmoth, so i am going to go with a reverse jackson

and does anyone have a full size iceman template?
Quote by guitarcam123
bv130 (i think its 130) should have one.

yeah i have his templates, but for some reason, whenever i try to print it on excel, it always comes out too small
Hey, can I suggest something?

Since you'll only have one pickup you really don't have to worry about the whole placement of the neck pickup, so might i suggest a 24 fret neck? I know I really appreciate it when soloing.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Quote by blindsagacity
Hey, can I suggest something?

Since you'll only have one pickup you really don't have to worry about the whole placement of the neck pickup, so might i suggest a 24 fret neck? I know I really appreciate it when soloing.

thats a good suggestion and i have been thinking about it, but how is the upper fret access on the iceman?
you can always mod the cutaway for easy fret access. If your not doing the 'wierd horn' then your not trying to make it a complete copy of an iceman so why not just mod the cutaway a bit.

The fret access actually looks pretty good:
do the Iceman fo sho.

if you can chrome it somehow, do so, a chromed Iceman would be about as badass you can be without being Batman.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by guitarcam123
you can always mod the cutaway for easy fret access. If your not doing the 'wierd horn' then your not trying to make it a complete copy of an iceman so why not just mod the cutaway a bit.

The fret access actually looks pretty good:

yeah i was planning on modding the cutaway. but im really not sure how often i will use the 2 highest frets...

and chroming the guitar would be filthy, but i think it would make it weigh a ton. not to mention extremely difficult to build
Last edited by oldspice56 at Jun 29, 2009,
I don't think it'd weigh or cost too much. it would cost more, and take a good deal of care, but I don't imagine a lightweight, thin layer pulling your strap apart.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

you could chrome a top and put that on. Or you could chrome the body after your done with it.
ok. know what you wanna do then? I'm curious.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

if it was done right, it'd sound good.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard

It would be awesome as a stage guitar though
Quote by magnus_maximus
You're whackin' one off in the toilet and you jizz on the counter?

I hope you never get a driving license.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
Dude mangoes are so good. Imagine a blowjob, but instead of the feeling being on your dick, it's on your mouth.
If anyone wants chroming/smoked chroming, ect. I'm available.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
yeah, the fireman would be very cool. then you'd HAVE to really design your own cutaway. or you could just have no cutaway at all, just cut IT away! how's that for fret access?
Quote by oldspice56
yeah i have his templates, but for some reason, whenever i try to print it on excel, it always comes out too small

Okay, since I've gone through this before, the easiest way to print it at proper size is to open it in Paint and enlarge to 150% (I think), then try printing it and see how close it is. Too small, try 165%.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Okay, since I've gone through this before, the easiest way to print it at proper size is to open it in Paint and enlarge to 150% (I think), then try printing it and see how close it is. Too small, try 165%.

sweet thanks ill try that
Alright semi update.

So i have decided to not buy a warmoth neck, save 200+ dollars and go with a neck i had lying around from an old yamaha. It has a strat style head stock, but that doesn't really kill the deal for me as i think it would look pretty good with an iceman-esque body.

heres pics

and the headstock will be a natural wood finish, i just painted it black a bit ago cause i was bored and had some paint in the garage